Help...can't decide on jackets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...can't decide on jackets!!!

Some say go with mesh others say leather..i dont know what to do....leather protects more, but mesh is cheap...help....is mesh bad for a jacket i know its not beter then leather but im trying to decide it on jackets..but i cant decide..i understand it has to do with my taste...but here are two that im into:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...12&Division=1#

or

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...112&Division=1

or (this is leather)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...112&division=1

Old 09-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Default RE: Help...can't decide on jackets!!!

Mesh won't hold up if you go down. But hey, get whatever you feel your body is worth.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:26 PM

Go leather!!!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:30 PM

i got the Icon
TiMax 2 Jacket (the middle on your links) but mine is red...
and i like it... confy and its better than wearing nothing.... wear leather for track days i guess... i dont ride too fast on the streets so mesh should be good (i hope lol)....

Old 09-13-2006, 05:43 PM

if i was you i' do it right the first time. get a good perforated leather jacket with a removable liner. it i'll save your hide. i've been down twice over the years with my Vanson and my jacket saved my *** both times and its still in good shape too

Old 09-13-2006, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Mesh won't hold up if you go down. But hey, get whatever you feel your body is worth.
a high quality mesh/textile jacket with CE approved armor will hold up pretty darn well. Make sure it has back, shoulder, arm/elbow armor. Much cooler too. Some have shoulder and arm leather too for added protection. My buddy slid god knows how far and walked away with no rash- on the interstate, so he wasn't going slow.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:52 PM

If you got the money for a leather with lots of vents feel free and get the leather. But if money is tight go with the textile. A few of my friends went down wearing the Icon Merc textile jackets and walked away just fine. The jackets help up perfectly. Do some research on the jackets you want, each one offers something. Just pick the one that best suites your riding needs.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in New Mexico, summers around here are usually around 110 degrees. I have a mesh jacket from Joe Rocket, which was nice for the heat, but offered VERY LITTLE protection if you had to slide anything over 6 feet.

I bought the Honda Supersport Textile jacket from Joe Rocket. I got a small because I'm tall and slim, so the chest fits fine, but it's just a little shorter than I would like it to be. The jacket vents very well, and stays warm when you zip the vents shut. I've been very happy with my jacket.

I just bought a Shift Racing Leather jacket from Motorcycle-Superstore.com for 129.99 (orig. $379.99). It's light gray cammo, and looks freaking sweet. Fits a little tight and is still a litte short, but the chest size is perfect (again, i'm tall and slim, so finding a jacket to fit right is almost impossible).

Hope this helps.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:53 PM

i think im going to go with this one....and a leather in a two.....
i can afford this one

what do you guys think...y or no

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...112&Division=1

Old 09-14-2006, 12:20 AM

I have the same Fieldsheer jacket. I like it. As for how it will hold up if you go down, I have no idea. I hope I never find out either. But the jacket fits me well. Removeable liner is good for the cold days.

Quick Reply: Help...can't decide on jackets!!!