Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help!

in january my cbr was back firing so i pulled the spark plugs and found out they are 62 dollars a piece, so we had them cleaned and now its doing it again! what is causing this problem? and should i clean the plugs or just get new ones, i dont want to spend 243 dollars on spark plugs

Old 04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Lightbulb maybe

well it would help if i knew the exact year and everything but lets see if i can help. if its carburetated (note i am a bad speller). on your carburetor there is either a air or a fuel screw since its backfiring im guessing it might be running lean. so if you have a air screw you might wanna try turning it in or tightning if its a fuel screw the opposite(turn out/lossening).

(ps: if you dont know where to locate or tell difference i will help)

if thats not the case there could be something wrong with the plugs and would have to replace them anyways. never really heard of plugs being cleaned tho then again we always replaced them.

also if thats not the case either try giving a little more information on the bike i'd be glad to help you.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM

yeah sorry about that, my mad. its an 03. its fuel injected. but i did buy new plugs and it still does it a little. now thats 1 thing i know thats not the problem. im still looking for what could be a problem

Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 AM

I'm curious to what mods you might have on the bike