HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!

(The following is a2nd post....was first posted to new member forum....CBR Classic suggested I post my questions here)

HELP!!!! Awesome forum you have here.....I’m new to motorcycles in general...and I NEED SOME HELP....I’ve just purchased a 04 CBR 600 off of my neighbor... Not running.....probably not a good idea....

ANyways...it only cost me $1500....Hope its a good deal....

Here we go...

The fuel pump is not running (I can’t hear it prime when key is on) and there is no spark...it DOES TURN OVER....we checked all relays and fuses....all ok......also..the lcd display works and the lights come on....bike will not start

The story goes that the last owner was installing new tail lights with the electronics on, when one of the the wires on the tail lights shorted....he said that the fuel pump quit at that point.....I have jumped it to power and it DOES RUN...(the pump)

Anyways...we thought it was a computer....and bought one.....Guess what? ...it didn’t work (CRY :-(... )

The LED tail light was partially wired when I got it....I can’t tell if its stock or not (I don’t thinkit is), it has the turn signal integrated with it...The way its wired up is with the stop light connector (which has a ground) and two yellow for right & left signal....the two grounds for the turn signals are cut off on the wire harness (bike side). Since the tail light did not have wires for turn signal ground I assume this is right..................After connecting and powering on the both the L/R signals freak out (blink at random (fairly fast)).......The stop light works fine....

I take it that it’s time for some outside help!!!!....[/b]Especially since I just wasted about $600 for a cpu!!!!

What’s wrong with the tail light?
Why will the bike not start?

[/b]Also I have not checked the tilt sensor on the front.....Just found out about it today...

I know quite a bit about electronics and have both the schematics (wiring diagram) and the service manual that I’ve downloaded

I appreciate any help VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Thanks for your time!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!

Answer to my own question- The previous owner had the tilt sensor installed upside down..HA! Looks like it turned out to be a good buy...Runs Great!!!!! Anyone need a 04 cpu?? hehe... Just had my first ride on it around the block, +15 degrees F .....cold..............Still cant figure out the led tail light thingthough....

Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 PM

Holy **** ***** thats a deal. Has it been laid down? How are the fairings?

Oh, and no I don't need a cpu
mine works

Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Never laid over....Paint all clean!!! I'm very Happy!!! Merry Christmas to me!!! hehe!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:00 PM

I feel like an idiot for not checking that first though......I actually took it to a mechanic friend of mine when I bought it...he said that he was certain that was it.......Apparently not......It's all good....the guy I bought it from works in the oil field (so he has a lot of money) and did not want to spend the time on it......This turned out to be one of those deals you can only pray for! Payback for all those high gas prices!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Great deal!! Lets see some pictures when you have time

Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 PM

geez people make some dumb moves. good find.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 AM

Lucky bastard, I hate you [:@](not really ). It's your new toy, bet you didn't even really feel the cold cause of how excited you were to have it running, huh?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Pict's of the bike and non-stock Tail Light assembly......

I have all the tail parts.....just temporary mounting until I get the turn signal figured out....Plus....I wanted to Ride it!!!