Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011 | 08:37 PM
|
Default Help!!

I am looking to buy a upper cowl oem fairing for an 06 cbr600rr. My roommate dropped my bike over a year ago and still has not paid me for what he has damaged. This is the last piece I need so I can start riding again. If you or anyone you know is willing to sell me one at a reasonable price let me know please. I really miss riding and have been searching for one a good while now.

Captain Slow

Old 02-25-2011 | 09:03 PM

Did you try ebay? Sorry to tell you bro but finding a good piece of plastic for little to nothing is very very very rare. You are going to get what you pay for.

Old 02-25-2011 | 09:04 PM

Did he drop it at speed or just a driveway drop? Either way your bike is still rideable as long as there was no engine, frame, suspension damage. Look at street fighters. They dont have any fairings for the most part.

However a quick ebay search showed nothing for your year. Sorry.

Old 02-25-2011 | 09:06 PM
|

Yeah, I tried ebay. But all I have found are fairings that are cracked. I really dont want to pay full price at the dealership. They are wanting like seven hundred and fifty dollars. I am willing to pay for the upper cowl at a price that is necessary. But I dont want to pay dealership price.

Old 02-25-2011 | 09:09 PM
|

He dropped it at about 15 mph. Inexperienced rider who went over some water and back end slipped and laid it down. The engine is still in excellent condition as well as the frame. I just hate riding my bike now because I like my bike looking beautiful. LOL.

Old 02-25-2011 | 09:52 PM

What is wrong with the original fairing? maybe a plastic weld kit from harbor freight for like 15 bucks can repair it. I repaired my front fender and side fairings with that kit.

Old 02-25-2011 | 10:53 PM

Moved to 600RR section

Old 02-26-2011 | 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
He dropped it at about 15 mph. Inexperienced rider who went over some water and back end slipped and laid it down. The engine is still in excellent condition as well as the frame. I just hate riding my bike now because I like my bike looking beautiful. LOL.

If its only cosmetic get over it and ride it till you find a good fairing. I dropped my brand new 09 and cracked the left side fairing and rode it for a month before i found a new fairing but even that had small blemishs on it. You dont find alot of people selling used fairings that are 100% perfect.

Also why did you wait a year to start looking for a new one?
If he hadnt paid me by month 2 i would have taken his stuff and sold it till i got the money to pay for the cowl but thats just me.

Last side note: Your bike will never be 100% perfect unless you dont want to ride it. So get on it and be happy you have it.

Old 02-26-2011 | 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
I just hate riding my bike now because I like my bike looking beautiful. LOL.

If you hate riding your bike because it doesn't look perfect you're riding for all the wrong reasons. It's not about the attention it's about the love for what you do.

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
If its only cosmetic get over it and ride it till you find a good fairing. I dropped my brand new 09 and cracked the left side fairing and rode it for a month before i found a new fairing but even that had small blemishs on it. You dont find alot of people selling used fairings that are 100% perfect.

Also why did you wait a year to start looking for a new one?
If he hadnt paid me by month 2 i would have taken his stuff and sold it till i got the money to pay for the cowl but thats just me.

Last side note: Your bike will never be 100% perfect unless you dont want to ride it. So get on it and be happy you have it.
+ a million

Old 03-01-2011 | 12:51 PM
|

Well I take pride in the way my bike looks. Just because of that I wouldnt say I am "riding for all the wrong reasons." I love riding for the simple fact that it clears my head and its the one thing I dont ever have to worry about. Well besides all the idiot drivers on the road. I was simply looking for a fairing not badly damaged and a descent price.