helmet hangers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helmet hangers

Just curious to see if any of you actually use the helmet hanger wires on your bikes. It seems to put the helmet in an area that causes scratches if the wind blows and moves the helmet at all. I only use it when I ride to work cause thats when I wear my old helmet that I dont care about (got it free with the bike), when I just go riding and wear my nice helmet i carry it with me if i stop

Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: helmet hangers

I wear mine

Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 AM

i don't use mine at all - never once. i saw how it was supposed to work and just nixed the idea because of inevidable scratches (over time) to the rear plastic, and how the helmet just dangles in teh breeze as you mentioned. i either leave my helmet on the seat for quick stops, or take it with me for longer ones. i bought a backpack that has a helmet holder/pocket/i don't know what to call it, and that's pretty convenient for when i need to walk around and don't want to carry it in my hand.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 AM

what is the brand name of the backpack or better yet do u have a link to where they sell them online

Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 AM

it's the ogio no drag backpack. it has a pocket for an mp3 player, pocket for hydration pack, pocket for laptop computer, pocket for shoes, pocket for notebook/daily planner, pockets (2) for work shoes (one shoe on each side), a few smaller pockets, + the pocket/hood for the helmet...etc. i paid too much for mine because i bought it at the dealership with a 10% discount (retails for $150), but you can pick them up elsewhere for much cheaper. i have personally seen them as low as $95 on ebay brand new, but the lowest right now is $120/obo (throw out a number and see what they counter at).

they don't hold a whole heck of alot inside them (lots of pockets for different things, but not enough room for everything at the same time - if that makes sense), but they are very comfortable at speed (i've had mine on going pretty damn fast, let alone around twisties) and very easy to adjust when carrying extra weight in them. i have another backpack that carries WAY more than this one, but this one is just too comfortable, therefore, i wear it all the time.

here is a link to the backpack: http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=164

Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 AM

I just put my D-ring around my seat clip and snap the seat on over it. I was pretty disappointed to see that poor excuse for a helmet holder. Honda dropped the ball on that. I wish I could find an after market option, what I'm doing now is working but it would be nice to have one for each side.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:59 PM

I am not sure if the 600 is like the 1000, but I used a dremel and made a small cut:

It works great and I don't have any problems with scratches.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Retired Moderator

My helmet cost me lots of $$$............it goes where I go.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Papi Chingon

it's the ogio no drag backpack. it has a pocket for an mp3 player, pocket for hydration pack, pocket for laptop computer, pocket for shoes, pocket for notebook/daily planner, pockets (2) for work shoes (one shoe on each side), a few smaller pockets, + the pocket/hood for the helmet...etc. i paid too much for mine because i bought it at the dealership with a 10% discount (retails for $150), but you can pick them up elsewhere for much cheaper. i have personally seen them as low as $95 on ebay brand new, but the lowest right now is $120/obo (throw out a number and see what they counter at).

they don't hold a whole heck of alot inside them (lots of pockets for different things, but not enough room for everything at the same time - if that makes sense), but they are very comfortable at speed (i've had mine on going pretty damn fast, let alone around twisties) and very easy to adjust when carrying extra weight in them. i have another backpack that carries WAY more than this one, but this one is just too comfortable, therefore, i wear it all the time.

here is a link to the backpack: http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=164
I too have the Ogio backpack. It's been through 2 crashes, and holds a hell of a lot for being a small-ish pack.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:42 PM

^^ 2 Crashes??? when was the second one?

Quick Reply: helmet hangers