Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all!

Hi there, Im new to the forums as you can see. Well I started riding around summer of 07 on a Buell blast. Imstill working on my permit, it will go outin March causeI turn 18! Woot! Anyways when I started riding I wasdead set on a Gixxer,then I went to our local bike store and sat on a CBR600 RR and basically fell in love. So a few weeks ago my Mother and Step father come to me with a contract wich a the top stated "An 08 CBR660 RR will be bought for Charlie for his 18th/ Graduation present." Naturaly I didnt need to read the rest I was like "Where do I sign?!" I get my bikeat the end of November Its never gona end! GAHHHH! hahahah

Well theres my life story hope I didnt start my time off at these forums off wrong? Lol

Thanks for listening~

Old 11-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Default RE: Hello all!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Be sure to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's, Basic Rider's Course before you get on the CBR.

Some people might say that its "only" a 600; but they are fast and powerful as hell.

The character of the bike is very different to the Buell Blast youre riding right now.
Your V-twin engine is more torquey, but doesn't rev as high. the CBR's in line four will rev till next week, and then some, but it doesn't have that much torque at low revs.

However, low revs is where you want to keep her for the first couple of months, untill you get used to her, and gain more experience.

You'll have a great time with the bike, but above all. RESPECT THE MACHINE!!!

Being 18, on a supersports race replica machine.... please be careful.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM

+1 - Man I worry about new riders on these bikes. Be Careful!!! MSF Course is a must.
ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Welcome to the forum!!!

Be sure to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's, Basic Rider's Course before you get on the CBR.

Some people might say that its "only" a 600; but they are fast and powerful as hell.

The character of the bike is very different to the Buell Blast youre riding right now.
Your V-twin engine is more torquey, but doesn't rev as high. the CBR's in line four will rev till next week, and then some, but it doesn't have that much torque at low revs.

However, low revs is where you want to keep her for the first couple of months, untill you get used to her, and gain more experience.

You'll have a great time with the bike, but above all. RESPECT THE MACHINE!!!

Being 18, on a supersports race replica machine.... please be careful.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM

I appreciate the good word WhiteDealer. I will definately have the ut-most respect for the bike. Jus like I have the Buell. Im not questioning your knowledge. I may be wrong. But isnt' the Buell Blast a 500cc single piston engine? Not a V-Twin right, Or am I wrong?

Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 AM

Welcome & you got one of the BEST bikes out. Always put SAFETY 1st!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM

Yes, Yes, Yes. I understand everyone's concern for me as a new rider and I am taking in every bit of the advice. I also very much appreciate the concern. I have taken and passed the MSF's course. I guess I should have stated that in my first post.

Just to clear that up for everyone. =)

Old 11-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Yes, you are right. the Blast is a 500 single. For som reason I was thinking the XB12R Firebolt (which is a 1200cc V twin) Good move on the MSF course. You'll have agreat timewith this bike.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Haha that bike has some major power! The Blast however. NO lol

Actually WhiteDealer, I jus got back for the cycle shop where I put a down payment on and 08 cbr with the Graffiti paint.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:23 PM

What color did you get? I just got my first bike as well its an 07 Black 600rr, i've had it for a little over a month. I love it and i've learned alot by reading the forums. I learned how to drive a car with my dad in Brazil, he was a driving instructor for porsche at one time. I think learning how to drive a car well has helped me adapt a lot to the bike. I get more and more comfortable on it everyday but I still respect the amount of power it has. I'm just saving up right now to buy a 1 piece suit so i can head out to the JenningsGP track. It's way too hard to keep the bike under the speed limit on the street but i know thats not the right place to use ride the Bike to my maximum potential.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM

Well thats cool spider. The bike is black with some graphics.