headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights

I just bought my newest Cbr. The headlights tho i want to change. i woukld like to find a kit if they make them to make both headlights work all the time but still have my high and low beams. The look of one head light then 2 doesnt do it for me. Let me know if you find anything
Thanks

Old 03-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Default RE: headlights

there is a screw on the back of the head light that you can adjust to make the high beam, low.
there is a post on this forum with a pic. somewhere, but i could not locate it.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:01 PM

I agree with you Bikermike...nice post. I just got a '06 CBR this Jan. and I don't like the look at all either. If anyone could locate the diagram from 6hundred_doubleR's post of how to adjust the headlight that would be great! Thanks

Old 03-07-2006, 11:23 PM

If i just adjust the light from high beam to low with the adjustting screw how am i gonna have high beams again when im ridin at night and need them without stoppin and adjusting that screw? My bike has one headlight for low beam and 2 lights for high beam. I want a kit that has both lights on for low beam then increases the voltage when i want high beams that way both headlights work for either position...like car head lights..ive been doin a lot of thinkin and i think i may have the answer to my own ? but well see if my idea works. keep posting tho

Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: bikermike

If i just adjust the light from high beam to low with the adjustting screw how am i gonna have high beams again when im ridin at night and need them without stoppin and adjusting that screw? My bike has one headlight for low beam and 2 lights for high beam. I want a kit that has both lights on for low beam then increases the voltage when i want high beams that way both headlights work for either position...like car head lights..ive been doin a lot of thinkin and i think i may have the answer to my own ? but well see if my idea works. keep posting tho
with this simple modification that i have suggested you will not have high beams. i am not sure if you would get this with an HID kit or not. good luck and please let us all know what you come up with.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:36 PM

There is a reason they did one and then two... its not just the simplicity of 2 lights are better than one... if you look close, your low beam reflector is a lot different than your high beam reflector. After many studies and tests the companies found that having a normal beam and a line beam makes a huge difference in being able to see long distances ahead of you... something important when you have a bike that can travel well over the 120 mark...

hope this helps... you can run both during the day with no problems other than maybe some battery drain...

good luck,

Chris

Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 AM

1) do you run 120 mph usually?
2) do you ride at night?

I only ride when nice and USUALLY not 120 (sometimes but not usually)...I run with both all the time...going to HIDs also ASAP

I don't like the 1 light only look also

Old 03-08-2006, 05:04 AM

I agree with you guys about the 1 head light, I always get your light out man, and it looks like I can't aford to keep my bike in good condition. anyway I have been looking fo an answer and I have found a 2 filament bulb that can replace the right one, however if you use it you have to run a wire to from the left to the right to get the low beam and and use the existing wire from the right for the high beam fillament, you could also run a wire from that to the left so that bot are high and low. I havn't taken on this challeng yet but as soon as I am back from by vacation it will take pics and try this out, downsides will be, battery drain, wether to run parralel or series wires yada yada yada but I 'll figure it out hopfully and let ya know.

If anyone has tried this and failed let me know so I don't waste time n effort

Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're not going to get battery drain running both headlights. i run mines all the time, and have over 38K and over 3.5 years on the same battery still...
there's something called the alternator remember? so it's not completely running off the battery.

as far as HIDs, i don't think you keep your brights. there's a mod you can do, which involves converting to H4 bulbs which are dual filament for high and low beams.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:57 PM

The dual filament bulbs and the 2 jumper wire idea is what i thought of too its simple to do as long as u find the right bulb. I believe the H4 bulb is the one im gonna go with. If you get your bulbs wired up before i do let me know how it came out.

Quick Reply: headlights