headlight question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight question?

on the 05 cbr rr is the low beam h7 and is the highbeam h7,and is it really a highbeam cause i want to connect both lights togather so when the bikes on both lights come on!

Old 03-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Default RE: headlight question?

Yes, it is really a high beam. The light it self isnt but the Light pattern is. You can buy a socket and connect them, or just flip the switch, bu you will **** off some people.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:48 PM

I've heard that it really isn't a good idea to run the two togather. It'll overload your whole electrical system? Why Honda build it to only have 1 headlight running on low, IDK...if there was a safe way to have both lights able to run lows/highs at the same time, I'd do it.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:00 AM

well you can adjust the light right!i think you can i suppose just face it downward so it wouldnt be the face of the drivers!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 05RR

I've heard that it really isn't a good idea to run the two togather. It'll overload your whole electrical system? Why Honda build it to only have 1 headlight running on low, IDK...if there was a safe way to have both lights able to run lows/highs at the same time, I'd do it.
Don't know where you heard that, but that's BS. What would be the point of having the highbeam option if you couldn't use it?I run both mine day andnight and never had a problem. I just adjusted my low beam higher, and my high beam lower. There are also DIY mods you can find on 600rr.net that show you how to have them both running at once. Oh yeah, both sides are H7s.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. The light pattern on the headlight housing is different, but the bulbs are the exact same H7's (no difference in wattage). Why wire the two together? Just flip the highbeam switch and leave it.

Like dragon said, raise the low beam a smidge, lower the high beam to "just under" the lowbeam and you'll be fine. I run both headlights (aftermarket HID's BTW) day and night, for months now.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:31 AM

thanks guys for the response!!!!!i will now be running both lights

Old 03-18-2007, 07:46 AM

What I meant was that I heard it wasn't a good idea to wire the 2 lights togather (ex: 2 lows, 2 highs), thats just what someone told me at the dealership.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:14 PM

This post is a little above my head. But if both lights usesame wattage and amp's then it should not affect electrical system. I am lost now though. I allways drive with high beams on day or night I have never been pulled over for it either. Fyi I don;t care one bit if I **** of some cagers. At least they know im there and if they are pissed they are probably watching you closely wich could make it safer for you unless the try to run you off the road. Can anyone post a link for how to make them both high beams? forget adjustments I want them as bright as possible. Bright lights save lives.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 PM

All you need to do is flip the switch. It is not different then running the high and low beam at the same time. HOWEVER, you can buy a high/low socket, and a high/low bulb, and then you can adjust it with the switch. You can have them both low, and then one low one high when you flip the switch.

Quick Reply: headlight question?