Hahah finally dropped bike!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hahah finally dropped bike!

So I washed my bike and waxed and cleaned and lubed the chain this past weekend to go store the bike. And as soon as I pull out of my complex I stalled and the bike toppled over..So luckily no scratches because of the sliders (btw the bike is heavy as hell!) so anyways I stand it back up and try to start it up no luck..Being a newb still with only 700 miles under my belt with my 2003 600rr I called my boy and he says give it a while and restart if not run along side of it and then hop on clutch it in and pop it in 1st...I wait and wait and finally I run along side of it and when I try to jump on I with my windshield and crack the sucker..Redo and i finally get it....Wut a freaking way to winterize the damn bike...So anyways I went and stored and just had to freaking vent! I dnt think she wanted to be put away..thats for damn sure! lol

Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Hahah finally dropped bike!

if u turn ur key off then back on it will reset it turns off so ur bike dont stay on when its not upright

Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Another save for the Frame Sliders! +1 ...lol. Sorry to here that though. Time for a Double Bubblesmoked screen now.

Going to be extra careful with mine now when I put it away this week. Lol.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:42 PM

Crash I'm telling you bro she did not want to be put away...and def looking into double bubble windscreen! my g/f ays its any excuse to buy more things for the bike lol she swears I broke the screen on purpose lol maybe subcontiously

Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 AM

maybe i won't have that problem.i don't have to put it away for the winter cus its all i got!so maybe my luck will stay good!!and after reading that i wanna get my sliders as soon as i can!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing for your sliders. yeah my buddy went and bought some and had em in his back pack, and on the way home he dropped his bike at a light when he stepped in a pot hole. rashed up pretty nice for a tip over. and +1 on the not wanting ro hibernate thing.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

lucky a car didnt run you over! im glad you can laugh about it. when i went down i just gave it a few mins and she started back up!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 PM

At least you are amused by the whole ordeal. I get pissed... My wife dropped her bike yesterday and is totally bummed. 4-way stop, lots of cars, and the pressure got to her. She got hurried a bit, and stalled the bike during a standing right turn from a stop... down she went.. slowly and softly but nontheless.. down. She was mortified.. I just pulled in front, picked her and her bike up and we sat there for a moment and talked about the whole deal. No damage to the bike.. just a tiny scratch on the rightside case.. couldnt believe there wasnt more. I am a believer in if you havent wrecked a bike, you will. It is a part of being on two wheels.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I lowsided, I was there for a while trying to get the bike back down to neutral. (it was still in 6th) Then I went to start it and nothing. Then I remembered to turn it off, then back on and it fired right back up. (tip over sensor keeps it from starting until you turn the key off and back on again to restart it.)

Old 11-18-2007, 09:26 AM

why do u find it heavy as hell. 600rr's are light bikes i thought??(well that's what i think)

Quick Reply: Hahah finally dropped bike!