haggle tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haggle tips

hey everyone just went by the dealer and they wanted 11500 for a red 08...dealer that told me 8499 wants 10300 after fees. i6now you guys are getting them cheaper. do you just haggle down a lot or are there better deals in say la. I'm willing to travel if the price is right. I was hoping to get an 07 for like 9 out the door but I don't think I can just get them down 1300 bux. any help please.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Default RE: haggle tips

have a set amount you want to pay right off the bat and don't pay over it - not even a measly $100 (and be willing to walk out the door if they don't meet your exact price). bring in whatever advertised prices you can find from within your same state as well as internet prices (ebay has the bikes for $8,099-$8,299 at certain dealerships). use these as leverage to get your price. whatever the dealer tells you they are paying for this and that is all horse**** - and on top of that, why would you care what they spend on advertising and so on? explain to them that they are going to get you on service, any gear at the shop (besides what you are buying with your bike, unless you work that into the deal as well), percentage rate on your loan (prime for car loans is at 6%, but a bike is considered a luxury item, so they could actually get you for 15%-20%)...etc. so they are making a ton of money off of you anyways.

make sure to call every dealership within a moderate radius, so you know what people are telling you from here and there, because quoting another dealership shows you have studied up.

i did everything i just said, including straight-up walking out of two dealerships because i didn't get my price - then i get my price and come on here and it turns out i still paid too much...LMAO

Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM

by the way, i didn't haggle over price. i told them over the phone what was up, and told them once there what was up. i stuck out my price, they came back high several times, but i didn't budge. when the sales managers came out to bust my ***** about what they have to pay for the bikes, what they make off of bikes, all the other costs...etc. i just tell them that i came in here with no bull****, just a bottom line, and it's either going to work here or somewhere else. after they tell me that they would be lose money taking that price, i just tell them that i'm sorry i wasted my time and sorry i wasted theirs. one dealership didn't do anything, but the next two chased me to the parking lot to try to make the deal. the third dealership made the deal that i wanted the whole time, and i didn't budge on price a dime.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:09 PM

I'm pretty sure i know someone with a Consumer reports account, they can give you the dealer invoice prices for stuff... i will see if i can get her to run an '08 for me... i'll let you know asap, then you have a huge leverage point, most dealers for cars are Happy to accept 3-4% over invoice

Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure I could definitely use those consumer reports invoice prices as well.

Well I think I might be going to LA sometime in the near future so I'm willing to purchase from there if anyone knows a dealer that will give me a good deal on a bike. I've called a few places and have heard a few say they dont do OTD, or that they will compete with pricing from other places. Best I've gotten so far was 9999 OTD.

Anyone know of a dealer that can give me a good deal on an 07? I was hoping to not pay over 9,000 OTD after hearing what people are getting them for on here.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:15 PM

I'd walk in their with cash. Tell them I want that bike and tell them you will buy it at 'this price' but make it lower than what you would pay for it really. After they are like 'No' then tell them you have straight up cash. If they are still 'No' go up a little bit but dont go past a price that you set for yourself.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM

It's a dealership - just be smart and realize there is no such thing as a "good deal" from them. The only "good deals" are where you get out the door cheaper than the previous buyer. I got my '07 a few hundred dollars cheaper than my neighbor and my friend. I think for me not being an ***, being respectful with the dealer helped a lot. I didn't BS him and they kept their BS to a minimum.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM

No Dice Silas... apparently Consumer Reports doesn;t have bikes on it. sorry

Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 PM

i got my 07 for$8,826 out the door

Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjim07