had a 2 friends go down on the same day

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a 2 friends go down on the same day

yah at about 9 pmon the 3rdme and a buddy were railing some curves in the back woods hes got a TL1000 and he tryed to take a 25mph corner at about 85.....he didnt even make it to the apex before he straitened up and put his foot down(this corner is possible at 65 i do it all the time its a fun desolet corner)flew off into a ditch and rolled he was all rite and his bike was pretty ****ed up but mostly cosmetics and mud. thank god for the mud hole in the ditch.

As for the next rider who is my best friend.....he started out on a zx-14 due to a strait up trade for his boosted h22 civic then sold it for a nice 05 600rr with some minor mods (nice bike) he had just rode it home (116miles) to where i was at and we went riding.....bad idea (fatigue).....anyways we rode for an hour or so and had fun then decided to go to his house and call it a night. The very last curve of the highway before town he pulled in front of me and did about 65-70 around a nice sweeping long curve looked beautiful....then as i came around the apex behind him i noticed he had cut to the inside of the curve after coming around it (rite as he got on the strait) and he was about ahalf foot in the grass i could see him slowly slowing down with no brakes, I thought he was gunna pull out thenWHAM!!!! he hit a colvert (sp.?) at about 40mph the bike went end over end (front flip) about 3 times from what i could tell i immediatly pulled over and could not find my friend only his busted bike then about 50 ft ahead of the bike I saw him laying on the ground i ran to him like i had never ran before and he was groaning and squirming around and ****.....i said holy **** dude can you feel anything, and he said ughhhhhhhhhhhhh i was like im calling 911 and then hewearily stood up and told me to unstrap his helmet he was very pale but seemingly ok....then he started asking the same questions over and overand i realized heprobally had a concussion we had no phone so i rode him to his house a half a mile away and i woke his mom and told her and she had me take him to the hospital. Amazingly he only had scrapes and bruises....his bike is well look at the pics.....its been about a day and he is already ordering the forks(they were bent) subframe, cowl, battery and tray, rear sets, exhaust, and possibly a swingarm but it looks strait just bent the linksat an angle soitis sittongreally high in the back its like the opposite of a lowering link it is amazing all he has is some short term memory loss that will come back so the doc said....

here are some pics

[IMG]local://upfiles/15617/7F4906FD11FA44B1ABEF756AFA90505F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15617/FCE81D5D89D0473E9C025A0B0A2A150E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15617/8C6BA981CE4F457B9B292714CD92C47F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Default RE: had a 2 friends go down on the same day

as you can see the *** of the bike is gone lol notice the battery hanging by the swing arm.....

Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dayum...thing looked dropped in the first pix...

good thing he made it out alive...slow down mang...65 infor a25 is brisk track pace and them some...85 for 25 just won't work...

Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM

yeah its a favirote of mine its the only reason i hit it so fast...i do need to get on a track so if i do have skills they can get better and i will actually make a name for myself....street creditentials are totally different then track thats for sure

Old 07-06-2007, 12:50 AM

they're lucky that they survived...
seriously...my buddy recently went down at much lower speed...5 broken ribs and collar bone...
and one guy i used to ride with in group rides passed away in Hwy 9...super nice guy just graduated from UC Berkeley...had me spooked for awhile...I could not get on my bike for like a week when i heard the news...[X(]
Here's the link for Chris's accident...
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...p;pagenumber=1

Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea fellas...take it to the track...
6-03-03...i lead a group of5 guys on a ride to Ortega Highway. 3 sportbikes, 1 Bimmer cop bike, 1 harley riding 2 up. it wasa fun ride...my pace was brisk, no kneedragging. when we ride we always check our mirrors for the guy behind us. on the way down the backside of the mountain i come out of our favorite turns to see the guy behind me bust a quick u-turn...as he did so, i turned right after him. it seems about 3 turns back, one of our guys went down. when we got to raymond, he was barely breathing, uncounscious, and we can hear gurgling inside his lungs as he grasped for air. he had lowsided and slid into the wood poles that hold the guardrail. there was nothing we could other than pray for him. he slowly passed as we all were all gathered around him.

the guilt that i had felt after that day nearly destroyed me. i somehow felt at blame for what had happened. ever since that day, canyons have not been the same. life has not been the same. if you're lucky, you hear about someone you know pass away while riding...if you're not, you get to helplessly watch them go.

now and then when i ride, i see raymond in my head...then i see my baby and wife...and then i know that pushing it is just not worth it.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:38 AM

nicely put Tahoe...

Old 07-06-2007, 02:58 PM

damn dude i kinda know what you mean......I was so worried about him when i saw his bike start to flip it was an undescribable feeling thats for sure if he would have been seriously injury it would have killed me.....the crazy thing is he had just bought this CBR and it had in memory of jason sims on the tail and if you notice the one part of the bike that is completely gone is the tail.......just a concidence(sp?)probally....but its strange.....

Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM

that was the first time i saw someone wreck form coming in a corner too hot then i watched another friend wreck on the same day it was a total mind f*ck. definatly slapped some slow down into me gotta go hit up the only track around STL GATEWAY we get like 5 tracks days a year if were lucky...[:@]

Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 PM

heres an update on the 600rr.....almost ready for the new parts

[IMG]local://upfiles/15617/8E56CA25C105459E91220BB096A4C1BA.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: had a 2 friends go down on the same day