Guess my luck ran out..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Guess my luck ran out..

First off let me correct the title. I was actually very blessed and lucky. Although I did go down, I walked away from it. I live in southern Cali and was in the canyons last Sunday (Muholland Hwy). Had been running the snake back and forth with some friends, and decided to push just little harder this time around. Guess i pushed just a little too hard cuz it went out from under me. Heres a site with pics of my fall in action
http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacs...7619527158252/

Thats me with red Suomy helmet. Any (constructive) criticism will be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Oh, dude sympathy pains, seriously. You ok physically?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:28 PM

dude **** happens

Old 06-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Glad you’re ok. Looking at the series of photos your center looks to be almost even with the bike. Bringing it off the bike (more hang = less lean) may have kept you from low siding. Hope you find this as constructive friendly criticism only.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Rev

It's only a bike but we are all glad your okay...

From the pics seems like your not hanging enough off the bike.... But hot damn you got low!!! That plus the knowledge of you getting video tapped/ pics taken = pushing harder just to get a good shot...

Hope the bike is okay....

Old 06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude, that's pretty rough... hope you're ok..

Old 06-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cameras tend to cause accidents lol. Work on hanging off the bike, one cheek off the seat, armpit over the gas filler, head out inline with the mirror.

Glad your ok, bikes can be fixed/replaced, us not so easy lol

Old 06-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Looks like your lower body was very fortunate, very minimal rash and no broken ankles.... get some leather pants to compliment your nice riding jacket, and then some riding boots to go with the pants (sorry I had to, doctor bills suck!)

you look just like me when i first slide my knee on the street (talking about form, not the gear) but yea, hang off the bike more, you'll have a faster corner speed at the same lean angle, not to condone this type of riding on the street, because its way more addicting on the track.... no cops chasing you and the paramedics are right there waiting if something bad happens

glad your okay mang! get the bike fixed and get back in the saddle!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM

better a low side than a high side i suppose (had to go glass is half full, everybody else critiqued your riding enough!). glad you're ok.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM

I agree with everyone's lean comments. I would like to know what tires you're running though? I thought I could lean my bike pretty good on the stock tires until I got the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's this year and I love them in the corners. I could feel the bike come out a little with the old tires and i'm much more comfortable with the new ones. Glad you're okay man, it's a blessing to go down like that at that speed and walk away from it.

Quick Reply: Guess my luck ran out..