CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   GSXR 600 VS 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/gsxr-600-vs-600rr-72309/)

tmyers7791 07-01-2008 11:17 AM

GSXR 600 VS 600RR

Ok based on the posts in the 'catch a gsxt 750' i had to post this the satisfy my curiousity. Anyone close to nashville want to meet up for a race either at Music city raceway or on the street in a remote location? Im tired of the gsxr bashing and id like to know how my 02 stands up to the late model 600rr's...considering im the only other guy i personally know that has one right now....i cant ride both bikes at once, and my bike isnt finished yet. So anyone close to my location hit me up...im tired of the trash talk...let put up or shut up...i may lose and thats fine. i just want to see how my ride compares.

shoortbuss 07-01-2008 02:30 PM

RE: GSXR 600 VS 600RR

And just when I thought this forum hit new lows...are you seriously posting a thread to challenge somebody to an illegal street race?!?!? I can't even begin to describe how stupid that is...you know that cops are members of this forum, correct?

Secondly, what sense does it make to post a GSX-R 750 against a CBR 600RR? Inferior bike or not, they are both supersports and, last time I checked, 750 is still bigger than 600. You want this to be fair, put a 600 GSX-R against a 600RR moron...

Don't come here with this non-sense...if you wanna get off over your GSX-R, go swap cum with the other GSX-R queers on their forum. This forum is tired of the Honda vs Suzuki garbage, and even more tired of flaming threads like this one. You wanna do battle, go to the track and run a quarter...we'll all give you a big pat on the back when you come back and post your time.

tmyers7791 07-01-2008 02:50 PM

Ya know what...either you cant read or youre just not thinkin straight.I have a 600 if you actually ready the post and my signature. I ALWAYS try to keep my racing on the track, but if you think there isnt some off track stuff going on youre extremely naive. Even more...read virtually all the posts about your beloved cbr forum members versus GSXR's on thier 600 rr's and tell me that ALL of them are on the track? Riiight. Forget the street race, ill gladly take it to the track. Dont even pretend to tell me you have obeyed every single law since you have owned youre street bike...i can guarantee you have sped at least once. And it was the other people starting the honda vs suzuki garbage i could care less what anyone rides...i have BOTH, so dont make it like that either! as a matter of fact forget it all...this is probably my last post on this forum. Whichh im sure some of you will enjoy. Later

Gville George 07-01-2008 03:14 PM

I live in FL but i would race you. if you have a 600rr get it running or what ever and race your self, Time trial, most of what makes a bike a good bike is how much it compliments the users own style, 600s are all around the same weightand HP any ways. (of compairable years, 03 vs. 07 there will be a bigger difference)

and to the jackass who replied to your post, quit being a dick and read what people post before snaping off a stupid reply.

Red600RR 07-01-2008 03:38 PM

Gville is absolutely correct......take both bikes to the track and race yourself. Same rider, two different bikes, make sure you control your variables as much as possible. God that would be a COOL write-up. I hope you do it...take some pics too.I think it would be razor close on lap times

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

i3enny 07-01-2008 07:39 PM

i think that being a dick on a forum is fu**in ridiculous... but who can control others emotions...id be willing to meet up with ya somewhere in between tn and ga.... i ride a lot in deals gap and a lot in suches,ga... pm me if ya wanna meet up.

curti07 07-01-2008 07:53 PM

I know screwin around the other day my buddy who just bought an '08 gsxr 600 fell behind in a friendly second roll to my '04 rr but i'm sprocketed

tmyers7791 07-01-2008 09:15 PM

thanks to you friendly members. I think i will follow your advice. Ill have to get stock gearing for the RR though. it is 1 down in the front. Its got a full Yoshimura RS-5 exhaust and K&N, so it will definitely be interesting. I need the PCIII though. The GSXR is not geared...but you see the mods below. it goes pretty good. It may take some time...but ill do that write up and post timeslips of both bikes if i can.

curti07 07-01-2008 09:22 PM

Thatd be some sweet feedback I'll look forward to that

asidari 07-01-2008 09:57 PM

you think a 600rr would beat a turbo'd busa!!!! hahahahaha

tmyers7791 07-01-2008 10:17 PM

not sure where you got that impression...and no im not refering to your post in the other forum in particular.

willcbr600rr 07-01-2008 10:30 PM

I say track it and post it. A day doesnt go by that I dont speed. Like it ornot. No I dont triple digit on the freeway its speeding never the less. If you say you dont go buy a Harley. The initial response to your post was over the top. Just my 2 cents

shoortbuss 07-01-2008 10:57 PM

or on the street in a remote location?
You're telling me you didn't say that? And jerkoff, I didn't claim to abide by laws...I just don't brag about it on a public domain that anybody can see jackass. This is the internet and it's not as anonymous as you think. I mean ****, it just took me 3 minutes to figure out that your wife's name is Amanda and you live on Grayson Ct. Use your damn head.

FITZ 07-01-2008 11:05 PM

ha, nothing like the good ole internet trash talk....

asidari 07-01-2008 11:11 PM

i love it when threads get interesting.

TK954RR 07-01-2008 11:31 PM

Bus i think you were a bit harsh tho man. I know what you are saying, but coulda been put a little easier. He also did say at the track first at least.

As far as the race, its gonna be a riders race to win or lose. So i really do think you running them both is going to get you the absolute best results.

shoortbuss 07-01-2008 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Bus i think you were a bit harsh tho man. I know what you are saying, but coulda been put a little easier. He also did say at the track first at least.

As far as the race, its gonna be a riders race to win or lose. So i really do think you running them both is going to get you the absolute best results.
No doubt, I was. F***ing customers messed up my nap at work and I posted that right after.

I suppose my only point was that this isn't the place to be scheduling street races. Track? Fine. But we don't need to draw unwanted attention to this place. Call me paranoid, but it's 12:50 and there are currently 2250 users on this website, guests & members combined. It could be anybody reading these things...And yes, I submit that I didn't read the man's signature. Signatures are like Playboy to me. I look at the pictures and move on. My bad there too. I suppose I just needed to hear I was out of line from a fellow ROTM winner TK954RR...

shoortbuss 07-01-2008 11:44 PM

Sry, double posted...

skitzofrenzy 07-02-2008 01:34 AM

no worries bus, im behind ya. and to everyone else, think about what forum this is, seriously

we take freakin pride in being anti squid on this site, even if most/ all of us do go over speed limits, pull a wheelie here or there, and go to the red line at a stop light when some young punk on a r6 pulls up next to you. we are all riding sinners, but we know its not ok, and we dont condone it. before we never would say this is ok, and i sure as hell wont start saying its ok to make illegal challenges on here.

track em both, that would be a very good write up.

either that or take a member to a track and have at the quarter lap. that would be cool too.

in the end i still wont like gixxers. they are designed, for a majority, to sell to a younger less experienced crowd which normally just brings more jack@ssesonthe road.

drag the knee 07-02-2008 11:01 AM

dude i'd race you on the track, i got got a new vortex sticker that gave me like 30+hp, you'd get smoked foo :D

Jreed8721 07-02-2008 11:44 AM

someone has a sore ass...I am guessing it's this guy

\/
\/
\/

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

And just when I thought this forum hit new lows...are you seriously posting a thread to challenge somebody to an illegal street race?!?!? I can't even begin to describe how stupid that is...you know that cops are members of this forum, correct?

Secondly, what sense does it make to post a GSX-R 750 against a CBR 600RR? Inferior bike or not, they are both supersports and, last time I checked, 750 is still bigger than 600. You want this to be fair, put a 600 GSX-R against a 600RR moron...

Don't come here with this non-sense...if you wanna get off over your GSX-R, go swap cum with the other GSX-R queers on their forum. This forum is tired of the Honda vs Suzuki garbage, and even more tired of flaming threads like this one. You wanna do battle, go to the track and run a quarter...we'll all give you a big pat on the back when you come back and post your time.

shoortbuss 07-02-2008 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Jreed8721

K, what thread did I piss you off in? Get to the back of the line, many other people have been waiting a lot longer to take a stab at me...;)

skitzofrenzy 07-02-2008 04:56 PM

hahaahahahahahhahaahah

true dat ^^

sore ass or not, challenging illegal street races on this site is dumb

Jreed8721 07-02-2008 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: Jreed8721

K, what thread did I piss you off in? Get to the back of the line, many other people have been waiting a lot longer to take a stab at me...;)

hahah none, Just looked like you barely read his thread and then blew up over it.

He did mention meeting at the track BEFORE he mentioned meeting at a 'remote location'

Dr.Fingers 07-02-2008 05:53 PM

When this all gets sorted out, I thinkyou twoshould get an apartment together. (anchorman)

BRRandon 07-02-2008 08:50 PM

^ hahaha that is so great!

all i gotta stay is just knock it off with the "internet gangster" crap. challenging a ILLEGAL street race is very squid like. track the bike yourself and see the difference.

people in this forum are starting to get very disrespectful to one another. when i got into the sportbike scene i was under the impression that everyone on two wheels are friends. no matter what bike. this forum is starting to make me question that...i have no beef with anyone on here, and im gonna keep it that way.

just my .02. lol.

redbbwoy 07-02-2008 10:20 PM

^^ROTFL....SHORTBUSS iiz MY HERO!!

all i gotta stay is just knock it off with the "internet gangster" crap. challenging a ILLEGAL street race is very squid like. track the bike yourself and see the difference. people in this forum are starting to get very disrespectful to one another. when i got into the sportbike scene i was under the impression that everyone on two wheels are friends. no matter what bike. this forum is starting to make me question that...i have no beef with anyone on here, and im gonna keep it that way. just my .02. lol.
^^ ii 2nd that!! ii became a rider for the love of riding & the sumwat comradery that ii thought we as riders share...lets cut the BS..less fighting, less squiding, MORE SAFE riding, MORE pos influence etc etc...

TK954RR 07-02-2008 10:45 PM

Jreed settle down bro, and read the whole thread, Bus said what he needed to after, and all is well so let it die.

No one here is condoning street racing either from what i have read, so i think that can die off.

Brandon not all bikers are bro's unfortunatly, i have met my fair share that i would like absolutly nothing to do with. Heck there are a few peeps on this site i could do without myself. Dont worry tho, your ok :D

skitzofrenzy 07-03-2008 12:03 AM

why cant we be friends? why cant we be.... screw it.

haha ok so no more squid stuff, and lets all let it come down to a good ol' two fingers probs goin down the road.

i love riding.

tmyers7791 07-03-2008 12:31 AM

Check your own posts shoortbuss...even YOU said in the "how much did you pay for your bike" that you topped out your bike on the highway....you tell me...whats the difference between you doing that, and i lining up with another guy, as MANY of these other members have done? Wise up and dont be such a hypocrite. I dont know what your little vendetta is about me but anyone can use google...i suggest you dispense with posting personal information of members as well. I have tried to not have beef with anyone ever but i will defend myself if im attacked...so sorry the thread went sour...just trying to get some people to open thier eyes.

tmyers7791 07-03-2008 12:40 AM

I retracted my street thing very early in the post...ive been riding for ten years and am FAR from a squid. That was my bad to say on the street in the first place...but i DID emphasize the track. And i have already said thats what im going to do.

tmyers7791 07-03-2008 12:57 AM

sorry screwed up quote

tmyers7791 07-03-2008 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

in the end i still wont like gixxers. they are designed, for a majority, to sell to a younger less experienced crowd which normally just brings more jack@ssesonthe road.
im not trying to sway anyones mind toward a gsxr, all i really wanted was a comparo which it seems ive already said im doing on my own...but im really interested to hear your theory on how exactly a gsxr is designed to the less experienced youth...i wasnt aware that was a brand specific action. Ive seen idiots riding anything and everything....and of all ages.

tmyers7791 07-03-2008 01:13 AM

Sorry about all these different responses but im trying to keep them separate to answer and react to what i can, to those who expressed the genuine interest in the write up i should be posting in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I pick up my donor motor for the 600rr in about 8 hours and i hope to get some work done on troubleshooting this weekend. With the two damaged motors i should be able to come up with 1 good one. (i hope) Anyway take care guys i may not be on for a few days, holiday and all so happy forth of july! to everyone...ya you too shoortbuss....lol dont be so cranky

TK954RR 07-03-2008 01:16 AM

^ well since this thread is going to hell anyhow :DI gotta say Skitz, that was a pretty poor statement to make. I would agree, even with absolutely no proof to back me up, that out of the big 4 the Gsxr has to be the preferred bike of first time buyers. If i had to guess it would be that they have always had good styling, and almost always have the best hp numbers, its also i think by far the most reconizeable name out there. Everyone knows what a gixxer is. But all that said they arent designed for the less experienced crowd. Now the Ninja 250 is the design for that purpose, or at least i think its a safer assessment.

Stay2ned 07-03-2008 08:06 AM

I think the GSXR's apply mostly to younger riders cause it's the cheapest. More people buy them for that reason and that's why it's so much more known. All the 600's have there ups and downs (I'm not sure what about the CBR I don't like but ya know). Everyone knows what Iride and what's done to itcause of my SIG, I'm going to run my friends 02 gsxr 600 tomorrow at ATCO Raceway in Atco NJ (in case anyone's close, ride through). He has cams, pistons, full d&d, and is stretched 6 inches. After the race i'll reply THE ANSWER to this thread. Sound good? I'm callin Honda FTW....;)

skitzofrenzy 07-03-2008 07:10 PM

ok, heres what i meant.

Suzuki GSX-R's are builtto attract a less experienced crowd because its a market that is pretty easyto appeal to. i mean look at what comes stock on the gixxers, they already have integrated turn signals in the tail, easy as pie fender eliminators, real aggressive look, blinkers in the mirrors.... i mean come on you come out of the dealership looking like you have been riding for a while. you really cant tell the difference between a squid and a real rider on a gixxer (except by whether or not they are wearing gear.)

on EVERY other bike, you have to work for all those things.. put time, money, and heart into your bike to make it pimped out, flushed, and integrated lights.

i was not trying to say that they make weaker bikes on purpose, they are actually ok bikes- a six is a six. so, you cant compare it to kawi making their 250's. i kinda dont like kawasaki either, cuz everytime a squid or virgin biker thinks street bike they say... i want a ninja.... cuz ninja is just a cool name and sounds fast. (plus i dont like how kawi puts their bikes together but thats personal pref)

yes; squids, pros, hardcore riders, newbs alike all buy all different kinds of bikes. but, my point is that suzuki makes their bikes TO attract a certain crowd. its business.

f3racer 07-04-2008 11:00 AM

well ive currently got my buddy's 07 gsxr 600 in my garage while he's in iraq, and i own an 07 cbr 600 rr. so i ride the gsxr every once in a while to keep it moving. its heavy, slow, and handles like crap.

BRRandon 07-04-2008 11:16 AM

i cant believe this thread made it to 3 pages....can the admins lock this out already? lol

tmyers7791 07-04-2008 02:28 PM

no reason to lock it out if people want to talk, but the biggest topic seems to support my whole theory about it really is going to come down to a simple rider and personal preferance. i just got my motor yesterday and im taking all day sunday to go through everything....with a little luck i can start reassembly too.