Got an 07 600RR last night.... Salvaged *Now w/ Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got an 07 600RR last night.... Salvaged *Now w/ Pics*

So I drove 2 hrs to Stoneville last night from Raleigh to go check out an 07 600RR. The guy was wanting 2k for it, so i stopped by the bank and withdrew 2k, just incase it was actually worth that. So I got there after dark, but the guy was kind enough to put some fourwheeler lights on it and gave me a flashlight to look over it. I knew from the get go (before i was going to look at it) that it was going to need a new frame, front rim, and wiring harness.... but when I got there it was gonna need a little more than that.... so this is what all it needs, just by inspection, im sure there will be more stuff, but just to start a list....

clutch lever
brake lever
clutch cable
upper stay
rectifier
left rearset
battery (got one, it was a little to big for my 05 600rr, but since this bike is gonna be a race bike i might do a little modification.)
frame
front rim w/ rotors
wiring harness
left engine casing.... thats it
well race fairings too!

but i didn't just get the bike to race, I got it as something that will help me learn more about what im trying to push hard around a track, so im gonna buy a service manual for it, my gf's dad has a nice torque wrench I can use, and i think im gonna get a sockit and modifiy it so I can loosin the engine mounting bolts to the frame.

I paid the guy $1650 for it.... and the cheapest frame ive found brand new was $1100 from honda-direct.com but I will settle for a good used frame.

So, if any of you guys know someone parting out an 07 600rr.... lemme know, i just wanna get the rectifier, wiring harness, front rim, and clutch cable from em, the rest im gonna get from vortex....

Im really excited about stripping the bike down to nothing and then putting it back together, its gonna be a pain at times but still fun, im an engineer in the making and this will be right up my alley.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Got an 07 600RR last night.... Salvaged

sounds good, volcomrr! what color fairings are on it? seems like you got a good project/track bike.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 PM

yep .... it was the blue and silver bike, the right mid fairing is basically flawless.... the left side took all of the impact, so imma let that mid go to someone for real cheap if they want it

ill get some pics up tom. night, my gf and I are going to her parents house to eat some lunch, and the bike is there currently, so ill take some pics

man am i excited to strip her down, hehe

Old 12-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TRACK BIKE!!!!

Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM

Nice pick up vol! Just a quick questament puts you at about ~4,500.00 for a nice tracker.... impressive.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM

thanks crashkhanman.... I have estimated between $3500 and $4k, ive gotta sponsership w/ Vortex that will save me some money

now for the pics

Forgot to mention im gonna need an exhaust too.... im just gonna bend the subframe back.... bent my subframe on the 05 600rr back to straight after my wreck at Nelson's Ledges and its fine now

Forks "seem" to be straight, i played around with it while I was checking it out to make sure they were ok, they felt like they compressed just like on my 05.... and looking down the fork it doesn't seem to bend off in any direction

My gf, Sherry, doesn't like the fact that im gonna have to put some time into this bike.... but im excited

Im gonna name her Roxanne. Roxy for short.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:48 PM

^^ Definately,a very impressive find and will make a fun project. Yeah I was throwing that price out there for honda-direct parts... but if you take your time and use those sponsership dollars, you'll come in lower.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:52 PM

was it T-boned or what???

Old 12-21-2008, 03:54 PM

Took a serious hit for sure.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM

nah, the guy I got it from worked for a wrecking company, and said that the kid that was on it had just gotten it (2000 miles on it as it sites right now) and he was pushing the bike to hard for the amount of skills that he had and lost it, and it hit something on the side of the road, im not for sure, im thinking it was a nice size rock that hit the frame....

The boy riding the bike couldn't pay for something and the wrecking company just kept the bike.... and the guy that worked for the wrecking company that kept the bike pretty much just wanted to get his money back from storage fees....

Quick Reply: Got an 07 600RR last night.... Salvaged *Now w/ Pics*