Going..Going...Down...

Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going..Going...Down...

Had a bad experiance dropping my beauty today... I was just sitting on my bike trying to see where one of my friends were because he wasn't where i was going to meet him... and all of a sudden my left foot starts sliding, and sliding and im like oh $h1t... and down she goes rashing up my leg from my knee to a foot down also... The damage on the otherhand Wasn't bad at all luckly only the mirror and engine casing (whice was already scratched) and a little bit on the farring but it buffed right out... But after something weird happened it seemed like my bike heat jumped up to about 230 and the fans kicked in... Is that bad or good that it jumped up from around 180- 190 like that?

Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Default RE: Going..Going...Down...

Might be low on coolant if leaked out. Or you in heavier traffic or something or sitting still.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM

sry 2 hear u went down...@ least it wasnt that bad!
ii sumtimes(rare) find that wen ii come to a stop in certain places that there is sand or summin that ii didnt c initially n wen ii put my foot down it kinda slips n ii manage 2 catch myself! Luckily...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Yeah it was going sooo sooo slow[:@] too and I tried and tried but the bike just kept on going going gone... I was soooo pissed but that didn't stop me from rideing for hours w/ my friend...

Old 04-02-2008, 04:20 PM

hmmm... i've heard of this happening before, but i just can't see it happening to me.... maybe because at a stop i am pretty much tall enough to stand flat on both feet and my seat barely touches my inner thighs? Dunno.... must feel so weird/ sucky going down in slow motion and not being able to do anything about it! Sorry for you and the bike though!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned

No disrespect to you bro, but I am always amazed when I hear about people dropping their bikes while standing still. My cuz did the same thing to his Gixxer, and I just don't get it. I used to think it was a height thing, but he's the same height as me. Sorry bout your misfortune though.

I did make a stupid *** mistake one time on a Honda Shadow though...The wheels on those lock seperataly from the ignition, so you have to turn the bike off, then lock the wheel. Well, I got back on the bike after parking it once, started 'er up, and let the throttle out in first. I was surprised, to say the least, when the bike wouldn't straighten out and needless to say, she fell over on her right side, right on the new Vance & Hines pipes I had put on. I felt like such an *******...I guess I can't talk any **** on somebody who's foot slips at a stop.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM

Similar thing happened to me about 1 month ago. In the parking garage here at school the ground is painted and someone leaked oil or something on the ground. I stepped on it when backing the bike out of the spot and i nearly dropped it, my foot caught grip after sliding for a good 3-4 inches.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Yeah about the height thing, im like 6' 2" and I can flatfoot the bike sitting down no problem.. I guess it was because I had shoes with worn grip and the pebbles just acted like slipping on marbles... really sucked, I was about to cry...

Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM

I guess it's just one of those random things then! Watch what you step in!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM

well 2 add onto wat ii said earlier...ii find that wen ii do put my feet down, ii tend to spread them out at an angle in which if there was sand or dirt present, it wd cause me 2 slip. iim sure if ii tried puttin my feet down right beside the bike it wud b a diff story. bcuz ii can also flat foot the pavement wen completely stopped....so yea...lol

Search this Thread