CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Getting my hands dirty (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/getting-my-hands-dirty-62896/)

crashkhanman 03-19-2008 09:09 PM

Getting my hands dirty

Tomorrow I will finally put to use my countless hours of reading suspension write ups and adjust my '07 RRs suspensionfor my weight. 205lbs fully geared. I will start with the Sag and go from there if time/weather permits.

Now, my question. I've come across a few different opinions forsag numberbut this is what I'm going for. Any more opinions are welcomed. I do 90 percent of my riding in the mountain twisties and roads are pretty well paved and smooth. However, I do not want to make my bike unsafe for street use. Will these numbers be, do you think?

Front Total Sag: 35mm
Rear Total Sag: 25mm

2nd Question:

Is this good advice: "You want your bike to use as much front suspension "travel" as possible without "bottoming out" (no more travel) even in extreme conditions."

FireStourm 03-20-2008 10:52 AM

RE: Getting my hands dirty

Hey figured id help ya out and give your thread a bump. All though I really dont know sorry bro.

crashkhanman 03-21-2008 04:44 AM

So I did alright. After 3 measurements, I came out with 35mm front sag. and 30mm rear sag. I didn't have the C-spanner tool availiable to me to adjust the rear preload but know where I need to put the rear shock at.

After doing that,I played around with the compression and rebound a tad in the front. Man!! what a difference. A completely new bike. Its amazing how well the bike handles and inspire confidents even over the stock settings. I will keep dialing in the suspension tomorrow when the temp hit 65 degrees

be vertical 03-21-2008 08:07 AM

I really need to do this, but dont have much knowledge on it. Currently all I did over stock was tighten her up all around. Im a fan of stiff suspension. Crash can you send me some links on suspension dialing DIYs? Thanks.

Woody6799 03-22-2008 10:41 AM

IDK about the sag numbers on the RRbut I will agree that that is sound advice. As far as adjusting suspension and its improvements I can attest to that. I had a 2001 Katana that I rode for a while before I readjusted the suspension and wow what a difference. I adjusted the rear shock to the recommended number for my geared weight and then added 1" spacers in the front fork tubes to compress the springs more for a stiffer ride... it felt like a totally different bike. Now I am on the RR and have not yet dived into the suspension work although I am sure I will at some point, right now its just such an improvement over the Kat im not ready to tamper lol

crashkhanman 03-22-2008 12:46 PM

Sure vertical.

Woody, you're right. Its a whole new bike. I dialed in both my Sag, Rebound, and Compression. The bike is soooo flickable and sticky. Almost as if the tires aren't even there....lol