Gel Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gel Rear Seat

Anyone know if it can be done? If so, where can i get one. It would be for my 04 600RR. My girlfriend isn't very comfortable on it, so I'd like to try to make it better so she can enjoy the bike like I do.

Thanks!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Default RE: Gel Rear Seat

Yea my girlfriend bitches about the same thing. I guess im just an ******* cause I told her she is gonna have to deal with it. Our seats arent any more comfortable either.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM

Uhhhh only thing I can think of that won't look like **** is either

1. Look for a Corbin. Not sure if they're made for the rear for the RR's, but worth the price if they are

or

2. Take the seat to a good upholsterer and ask them to change out the padding for something softer, might vary in price depending on quality of work, filling, etc.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:11 AM

yeah im actually doing this soon. im just going to use an apolstry stapler, undo all the staples and take out the foam, then insert a bunch of sturty gel packets made for like bike seats.

should hold up im not sure yet. gonna look into it more

Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 AM

Man, that's a real nice sentiment, but I don't think gel is going to help much. Have you looked at the seating position back there? It's pretty extreme. Zero leg room. All their weight on their tailbone. It's not pretty and it can't be comfortable. Gel isn't going to help that. And I don't think they will ever "enjoy the bike like we do." (Not without getting their own.)

Reality: If you want her to LIKE to ride on the back, buy a Gold Wing very nice passenger accommodations. If you want to keep both her and a 600RR, you might want to use alternative transportation.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 PM

eh i have a passanger rider that i normally ride on long distance road trips and she loves the bike to death... but she says that that seat is like being in the feetle position on solid cement. ever actually sat on that thing?? man its twice as bad as the stock rider seat. i think gell would make it at least more bearable.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:55 PM

well im ordering a rear seat cowl soon, so i can then send the seat in. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM

i have been thinking about the same problem with on my bike for the wife...the '04 seats (rider) are just as horrible as the passenger, however, the '07 rider seats are SO much more comfy!

Ritz-i told my wife the exact same thing when she complains about it. too funny man

Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 PM

I hate to say this...but my wife aint getting on my bike for all the tea in China [sm=signs006.gif].....no way. Pfffhtttt.... I wouldnt evenput Pam Anderson on the back. Call me weird...but I cant do the two person thing on a sportbike

That being said...how long a ride are you guys doing? If your gonna do any kind of distance....get your self a cruiser Brandon...you can take stuff with you and even spend the night. She'll love you for it and there are some really nice bikes out there.

Wait a sec...did I just say that??!?!?! No Pam Anderson ?? [&:]

Old 07-08-2008, 10:58 PM

eeeeewwwwww pam anderson looks hideous! lol. my girlfriend wont even go on short rides. im not lookin at going crazy long distances. just going on a short ride into the city or to a friend's house. stuff like that. im gonna give the gel seat a try...if she doesn't like it, to heck with the seat and hello seat cowl lol.

Quick Reply: Gel Rear Seat