Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas Mileage

Thanks for the post alekinciyour right. The info is one aol's main page this morning I thought that was funny kinda perfect timeing. From what I under stand alot of extra build up can be coming from what kind of gas you use also some have more additives and detergents in them that dont burn away. Another big missunderstanding some have is that all gase is same product this is a whole other subject as well because different company;s actualy add these additives while its still traveling down the alaska pipe line pretty neat huh . As for me I will only use BP gase I seem to get the smoothest run's and gas milage out of it anf I have heard praise from people who have worked in the industy basicly BP gas is like mobile one oil its just better. But anyway great point but I'm not worried about build of since I run a flush through about every 6000 miles. I would rather be safe from the dreaded ping I love the first link how the guy is talking about lower revs in dragonium25's first post. It did nothing but back up wat I was saying when your engine revs higher its safer to have higher octane levels to prevent ping. God point about knowing just what level octaneyou should use also. I'm all ways on the safe side when it comes to engines and brakes better safe than sorry for me. I posted that info because it seemed very basic and to the point I think anyone with an open mind and good commen sence can make the choice for themselves. Thanks bro

Old 03-30-2007, 06:06 AM

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

dragonium25Once again you have proven what a ****TARD you are dumbass. For everyone who actualy has a brain here is an article read it at your liesure and you decide what you should do. dragonium25once again grow some ***** or at least wait untill your drop then move out of moms house and then maybe we can talk ok boy!
Hahaha...so your mom finally told you I was living with her huh? You know if the German shephard didn't get to her first, you'd be calling me daddy.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Is that the best you got boy! I would go Ffuucckk your mom but I am gana need about 15min after screwing her so hard the first time.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Ohh! and Yo Mama. Geez pathetic FFuucckktard......shakes head.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:46 AM

it all depends on how you ride the bike. if you're riding it like it should be ridden, then 120's expected.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 2003cbr600rr

Regular gas hmm where do i start? Please tell me you mean 93. If you use anything less you are asking for trouble. Its to long to explain but basicle the ONLY thing higher octain does is prevent pemature fireing in the combustion chamber. This is know as a ping wich Can and WILL cause what is called detonation. Basicly your motor blows up on the inside because you put cheap gass in it. The higher the revs your moter goes and the higher compression you have the higher octane you chould be using unless you just like spending lots of money for nothing.

actually I won't get into an argument on this since there is sooo much to conciderbut I can tell you I know ALOT about how octane works and detonation... octane is more than detonation control. static comp. is only a slice of what you would base what octane fuelto run...such ascam, cyl head camber size shape and metal it is made from, eng. temp air temp., sparkadvance and curve, cly diameter.... often aluminum headsremove heat quicker from the cylinders which can and does reduce HP in general termand can act like a 1/2- onewhole point lower static comp.but again it's not that simple and there are reasons to run aluminum heads besides saving weight so rather than bore everyone I will stop here and leave it at you don't need any special high octane fuel as it would be a waist. just use what the owners manual sayswhich is 86 octane or higher....good old 89 would be fine anyday of the week

BTW since I had to dig out the owners manual 2003 cbr600rr manuals says "When segment E flashes, you should refill the tank as soon as possiable. The amount of fuel remaining when the flashing starts is approximately: 0.92 US gal"

I did not see any thing stating reserve, or reserved
You know all that information but you can't spell "consider" correctly?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: RideoutCBR

ORIGINAL: 2003cbr600rr

Regular gas hmm where do i start? Please tell me you mean 93. If you use anything less you are asking for trouble. Its to long to explain but basicle the ONLY thing higher octain does is prevent pemature fireing in the combustion chamber. This is know as a ping wich Can and WILL cause what is called detonation. Basicly your motor blows up on the inside because you put cheap gass in it. The higher the revs your moter goes and the higher compression you have the higher octane you chould be using unless you just like spending lots of money for nothing.

actually I won't get into an argument on this since there is sooo much to conciderbut I can tell you I know ALOT about how octane works and detonation... octane is more than detonation control. static comp. is only a slice of what you would base what octane fuelto run...such ascam, cyl head camber size shape and metal it is made from, eng. temp air temp., sparkadvance and curve, cly diameter.... often aluminum headsremove heat quicker from the cylinders which can and does reduce HP in general termand can act like a 1/2- onewhole point lower static comp.but again it's not that simple and there are reasons to run aluminum heads besides saving weight so rather than bore everyone I will stop here and leave it at you don't need any special high octane fuel as it would be a waist. just use what the owners manual sayswhich is 86 octane or higher....good old 89 would be fine anyday of the week

BTW since I had to dig out the owners manual 2003 cbr600rr manuals says "When segment E flashes, you should refill the tank as soon as possiable. The amount of fuel remaining when the flashing starts is approximately: 0.92 US gal"

I did not see any thing stating reserve, or reserved
You know all that information but you can't spell "consider" correctly?

wow this is a old post. and your question.... yes that is correct

Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Amusing........

Where in the hell did someone come up with RPM's as a requirement for higher octane? Compression is the only factor when it comes to octane requirements. Not RPM's.

BTW...... I use mid grade.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Am I missing something here? All the gas stations I go too rate their gar as 91, and call it premium. I must suck at life. And pretty sure I'm only getting around 20mpg (practicing life on one wheel though, if that makes a difference).

P.S. Dropped my bike yesterday. Fairing sliders were totally worth the money. Just too bad my leg took the brunt of the fall and my passenger right side peg is bent at an upwards angle.. (custom peg, more stability to hold my helmet now..).

Old 06-19-2007, 05:59 PM

sorry to hear about the drop....my mileage ranges...(depends on ride) but on average 44 miles to the gallon. I noticed once I was on the highway....last bar started to flash ( approx 1 gallon left according to manual) well doing 85 I looked for a exit w/ station and when I came down the offramp about 2 miles later...I come to a stop and BAM not only was bar not blinking...but I added another bar....never the less I rode around for 30 miles before next fill up....when I was given'r bar lite up again....I watched trip meter and almost 40 miles from original flash..I filled up and still had 2 tenths left..not much but it all goes to the plus on fuel milage...just my .02

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage