Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas Mileage

By the way guys I'm not a complete idiot I just type in the dark lol.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci
You can do 45mpg? I have a hard time believing that. I have an f4i; if I take it easy and keep it under 6-7k rmps then the bike will get close to 40-42mpg. You dudes have dual stage injections and without taking the power produced into consideration, you will burn more fuel that me. So, if you guys do any where from 35-38mpg; in my opinion I think thats very impressive. However, other factors must be taken into consideration when examining fuel consumption, like climate +etc +blablabla.
I should qualify this a bit, I suppose.
45 MPG is riding below 7000 rpm all the time, short shifting etc, slow 'speed limit' type crusing ( some days its OK to look at the scenery right ?) I guess I baby her sometimes, but ..... she is my baby.

If you want to have any throttle related fun at all, it will be 40 MPG or below.
If I rip it up, its below 35 mpg, but my average is around 40.

I think the 600RR secondary injectors kick in above 7 or 8K rpm or something right ? Not sure about that.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:33 PM

8000 rpm

Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 PM

i dont think i have ever done close to 40mpg on my 03, i think i avarage about 33mpg

but i am in CO with no PC so i am positive it is running too rich of a mixture

Old 03-29-2007, 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

Regular gas hmm where do i start? Please tell me you mean 93. If you use anything less you are asking for trouble. Its to long to explain but basicle the ONLY thing higher octain does is prevent pemature fireing in the combustion chamber. This is know as a ping wich Can and WILL cause what is called detonation. Basicly your motor blows up on the inside because you put cheap gass in it. The higher the revs your moter goes and the higher compression you have the higher octane you chould be using unless you just like spending lots of money for nothing.

actually I won't get into an argument on this since there is sooo much to conciderbut I can tell you I know ALOT about how octane works and detonation... octane is more than detonation control. static comp. is only a slice of what you would base what octane fuelto run...such ascam, cyl head camber size shape and metal it is made from, eng. temp air temp., sparkadvance and curve, cly diameter.... often aluminum headsremove heat quicker from the cylinders which can and does reduce HP in general termand can act like a 1/2- onewhole point lower static comp.but again it's not that simple and there are reasons to run aluminum heads besides saving weight so rather than bore everyone I will stop here and leave it at you don't need any special high octane fuel as it would be a waist. just use what the owners manual sayswhich is 86 octane or higher....good old 89 would be fine anyday of the week

BTW since I had to dig out the owners manual 2003 cbr600rr manuals says "When segment E flashes, you should refill the tank as soon as possiable. The amount of fuel remaining when the flashing starts is approximately: 0.92 US gal"

I did not see any thing stating reserve, or reserved

Old 03-29-2007, 06:09 AM

Dude you should be putting highest octane higher the revs higher the octane that should be used. I don't know what 03 goes up to but if its in teens you should be using 93. By the way not trying to be rude but for some reason some people think higher octane gives better gase miliage just wanted to let ya know it doesn't

Old 03-29-2007, 08:04 AM

Dude you should be putting highest octane higher the revs higher the octane that should be used. I don't know what 03 goes up to but if its in teens you should be using 93. By the way not trying to be rude but for some reason some people think higher octane gives better gase miliage just wanted to let ya know it doesn't
jchavers, I said it before and I'll said it again, "YOU'RE A RETARD WHO DOESN'T KNOW JACK, SO STOP GIVING BAD INFO TO PEOPLE!!" Seriously man, where do you come up with this stuff? Do you just makecrap up as you go along. For people who really want to know (and I suggest you read this too chavers), check this thread and the responses from some of our more experienced riders, as well as this one And if you don't believe what our other forum members have to say, then simply search on the web yourself and find out what octane #s mean and what applies to you.

As for the elusive 'reserve tank' issue, this is the last thing I'm gonna say about it.Let's sayyou have $25 in your wallet, a $20 bill and a $5 bill, andsomeone asks you, "How much money do you have in your wallet"? Do you say, "I've got $25" OR do you say, "I've got $20, but if I run out, I have another $5 reserve." It's one tank, what's in it, is what's in it, there's no reserve. If you carried an extra jar of gasoline with you somehow, then that would be consideredyour reserve.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:54 PM

dragonium25Once again you have proven what a ****TARD you are dumbass. For everyone who actualy has a brain here is an article read it at your liesure and you decide what you should do. dragonium25once again grow some ***** or at least wait untill your drop then move out of moms house and then maybe we can talk ok boy!

What is the difference between premium and regular gas?
The difference between premium and regular gas is the octane rating. Octane is the measurement of a gasoline's volatility factor in the combustion chamber environment. The lower the octane, the more volatile; the higher the octane, the less volatile (more stable).
Low octane fuel is more apt to pre-ignite or ping inside the engine. Some refer to this phenomenon as "engine knock." Engine Knock occurs when the fuel ignites in the upper regions of the engine before the spark is introduced at the high point of compression. To understand what's happening, you must first have a basic understanding of how an internal four-stroke internal combustion engine works.

On the first stroke of the four-stroke cycle, the intake valve opens, the piston travels down, and the injection system injects a perfect air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber. The suction or vacuum produced by the downward stroke of the piston is what draws the air/fuel mixture into the engine; this is called the intake stroke.

Now that the combustion chamber is loaded with air and fuel, the valves both close and the piston travels back up, compressing the mixture tightly; this is called the compression stroke. Compression of the mixture makes it highly volatile.

At the precise time that the mixture is at its greatest compression, an electrical spark is introduced into the chamber through the spark plug. This spark ignites the mixture and forces the piston downward; this is called the power stroke.

Finally, the exhaust valve opens and the piston travels back up, pushing the burned exhaust gas out of the chamber; this is called the exhaust stroke. This process repeats over and over, producing power in the engine.

When pre-ignition occurs, the air/fuel mixture is ignited as it is introduced into the combustion chamber before it has been compressed. Pre-ignition of the mixture hammers away on the tops of the pistons, the faces of the valves and the cylinder heads. Over time, irreversible damage occurs and major engine work must be done to correct it.
Today's engine management systems use a Knock Sensor to monitor combustion chamber pressure. When the Knock Sensor detects excessive pressure in a combustion chamber, it retards ignition timing, thus reducing or eliminating pre-ignition.

High output engines run with much hotter combustion chamber temperatures. Therefore, when low octane fuel is used (more volatile), the performance system cannot make the adjustments and pre-ignition can occur. If your owner's manual suggests using high-octane fuel, then use it or suffer the consequences of prolonged use of low octane fuel ... engine damage.

[/align]

Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 PM

dragonium25Go to Hondas web site the call it the reserve wich the term means an amount in reserve that you have left when you have reached a certin point in your supplies. Your not worth my time child Like I said the more rpms and compression the higher octane you should be using. Fyi FFUUCCKKTARD time in the saddle has nothing to do with the internal workings of your engine. Your nothing but a flaming ffaaggoott. Do yourself a favor and stop replying to my post. You are just showing that you have nothing better to do than grasp at straws dummie

Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM

dragonium25once again grow some ***** or at least wait untill your drop then move out of moms house and then maybe we can talk ok boy!

What is the difference between premium and regular gas?
The difference between premium and regular gas is the octane rating. Octane is the measurement of a gasoline's volatility factor in the combustion chamber environment. The lower the octane, the more volatile; the higher the octane, the less volatile (more stable).
Low octane fuel is more apt to pre-ignite or ping inside the engine.
haha, I love where this is going. Its missing "your mama jokes".....

Anyway, what you stole from some site is right and you should use quotes next time or site the page. However, how do you know that the lower octane level that is available at the pump is not good enough for your bike? No where did it say that for the 600rr you should use 93+, right? So, how come you are so sure that using 89 or lower will cause pre-ignition?

I use 87 and 89 on my f4i (after my experiments, not by rumors). Just read my crap that I posted *F4i Forum&* about how some dude took apart his engine and he noticed that there was a lot more carbon build up on the valves, piston, head +etc from using 93 than compared to bikes that he worked on that were using 89.
Reason for the carbon build up is, that the higher octane burns SLOWER and its a fact! Anyway, this debate exists only because people read only one side of the issue. Read both side of the argument and then decide what you want to do.

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage