Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas Mileage

Correct, the manual says 1 gallon remaining at "reserve' and I think thats about right. If
I ride really hard I get around 35 mpg, if its all highway cruising (at or near the speed limit) then
its around 45 mpg. On average, its around 40 mpg ie: you'd better hope you're within about 30 miles of a
gas station when you hit reserve, ideally more like 20 mile, just in case.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: cjp48
Correct, the manual says 1 gallon remaining at "reserve' and I think thats about right. If
I ride really hard I get around 35 mpg, if its all highway cruising (at or near the speed limit) then
its around 45 mpg. On average, its around 40 mpg ie: you'd better hope you're within about 30 miles of a gas station when you hit reserve, ideally more like 20 mile, just in case.
You can do 45mpg? I have a hard time believing that. I have an f4i; if I take it easy and keep it under 6-7k rmps then the bike will get close to 40-42mpg. You dudes have dual stage injections and without taking the power produced into consideration, you will burn more fuel that me. So, if you guys do any where from 35-38mpg; in my opinion I think thats very impressive. However, other factors must be taken into consideration when examining fuel consumption, like climate +etc +blablabla.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 PM

I have an '03 RR and I go 160 or so before hitting the last bar too. When I do fill up it takes around 4 gallons so I figure I'm averaging 40ish MPG also. I don't baby it all the time either, I expect I could get 45+MPG if I did.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

ORIGINAL: izzyef8

i get 160 by the time i hit my reserve. I'm sure ill get really close to 200 but i dont feel like getting stranded somwhere lol. I have a 06
What reserve? 600RRs don't have reserve tanks.

Everyone's gonna get different mileage per tank depending on how they ride. When you go past the last bar you run out of gas and will have to refill it. Seriously, is this rocket science? [8D]
when the last bar starts blinking means you have 1 gallon left i consider it a reserve due to the fact the the gas gauge only measure 3.8 gallons on the gauge and the last gallon is yourreserve light basically. If you read your manual it states that when your gauge marks Full is shown, the fuel tank capacity is 4.76 US gallons including reserve. Pg 24 on my manual I have a 06 manual.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 PM

my 2004 has been doing pretty good on mileage latey ... thats why i bought it!!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:52 PM

I agree when the light blinks it's telling you that you have 'X' amount of fuel left, but how can you say it's your reserve tank when all the fuel IS IN THE SAME TANK. No offence, but do you guys understand what the term reserve tank is? For it to be a reserve tank it would have to be separate from the main tank, which you would also fill up separately. Take a look at the F4i, that little canister they have near the rear shock is a true reserve tank. Not sure how that one works, but usually you have to flip a switch to get to it when you're low on gas. You can follow the manual and call it a reserve tankif you want, just remember to find a gas station when the light blinks.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:24 PM

Are yall serious 160+ miles. What octane gas do yall use because I use premium and ride around pretty high rpms and only get 120 the most, never tried to hit the blinking bar though

Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRRRING

Are yall serious 160+ miles. What octane gas do yall use because I use premium and ride around pretty high rpms and only get 120 the most, never tried to hit the blinking bar though
you should only use regular fuel per the owners manual.

as far as the "reserve"issue that seems to get beat to death in everyone of these topics I thought it said just "reserve" not "reserve tank"well I am too lazy to go and get the manual.anyway it would be a reserved amount since there is a useable gallon reserved below that line if you guys want to get picky

Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 AM

i use 93... arent you SUPPOSED to use 93.... ??

Old 03-28-2007, 01:53 AM

Regular gas hmm where do i start? Please tell me you mean 93. If you use anything less you are asking for trouble. Its to long to explain but basicle the ONLY thing higher octain does is prevent pemature fireing in the combustion chamber. This is know as a ping wich Can and WILL cause what is called detonation. Basicly your motor blows up on the inside because you put cheap gass in it. The higher the revs your moter goes and the higher compression you have the higher octane you chould be using unless you just like spending lots of money for nothing.

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage