Funny thing about the Corbin...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny thing about the Corbin...

On the other sport bikes I've owned, the first thing I always bought for them was a Corbin seat. Always made a world of difference in comfort.
After a couple rides with the new Corbin seat on my RR, I've already switched back to the stock seat.
Here are my reasons...
1) I'm pretty tall (6'-2") and most of that height is in my legs. I'm most comfortable with my tail bone against the rear seat fairing. The Corbin tends to want to slide me forward toward the tank all the time.
2) Most of my riding is on twisties. I'm rarely on the center of the seat. The flat, stock seat seems to be easier to move on...sliding left and right for leaning.
It would be a shame to sell my new Corbin seat. It really is well made. We'll see.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Funny thing about the Corbin...

you know...once you get used to it, you won't even notice these things anymore...but it's if you're willing to get through that part or not.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:30 PM

If you do sell it i need one bad! BTW nice bike

Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 PM

I like the stock seat, it is VERY easy to move on and compared to my mountain bike it's comfortable.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM

i'll entertain the idea of buying it. why not shoot me a PM and we'll see where that takes us.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:36 PM

Hi all,
I did not mean for this to turn into some lame, disguised "for sale" post, but I'll PM you (Shortysboy09 & Knightslugger) with details.
Anything I can do to make your riding more enjoyable is A.O.K.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Retired Moderator

Yep. I had a Corbin. GREAT for long distance trips over 20 miles on the highway, but I did prefer the stock seat for normal city commuting. I sold my Corbin seat due to the fact that I rarely have time to take longer trips now-a-days. I'm going to be missing it though when I take the long trip to Durango, Colorado for a bike rally. Can't wait for that.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 AM

i got a corbin i thought is was the best thing since slice bread i like going to the twisties a lot and i think its comfy to slide side to side but it does push you towrds the tank tho which i dont mind i'va had mine for about a year now

Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 PM

I just got a Corbin seat also. I do alot of distance riding & was tired of my butt feeling like it been drug on tha asphalt the whole way. The Corbin feels different, but I am glad I got it. I think the stock seat may serve as my track day seat, but day to day & trips, will be Corbin for sure!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Maybe it wasmy seat, but my Corbin kept pinching the battery and causing the bike to randomly shut off while in the midst of riding around. It didn't even want to match up with the screw holes very well, so I think it was the seat. My fix for the problem was I took the stock seat to a car seat guy. He added 1 inch foam to the seat and now the thing is like a little pillow. AMAZING and about 1/3 the price of a corbin. Sorry, for my non-technical chick speak. : )

Quick Reply: Funny thing about the Corbin...