front frame sliders

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front frame sliders

the guy i bought my 600rr from told me he had some front frame sliders laying around and if he found them he would mail them to me...well yesterday i got them in the mail when i looked at them the card said eXtreme Shoguns frame sliders 03-04 cbr 600rr....will these work on a 05?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Default RE: front frame sliders

I don't see why not. Post a pic of them, and I'm sure the guys with the 05-06s will be able to tell you for sure.

If not, I'll take them off your hands.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:52 PM

ok here they are........

Name:  100_2648.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  71.6 KB
Name:  100_2647.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  108.5 KB
Name:  100_2646.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  119.3 KB

Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Just did a little research they should fit 03-06..so you're good to go.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 PM

yeah ...now i get to drill out the fairings.....[]

Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 PM

check out the how to section, there is atleast one good write up in there.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 PM

yep thanks i read a few already and altho im not psyched up about hackin on those fairings ..i do feel educated enough on how to ...its just gettin psyched enough to do it

Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take off your fairing. Take a laser pointer and set it up on the other side of the garage, pointed directly at the center of the bolt where you frame slider is going to go. Then, put the fairing back on (don't move the bike, don't move the laser pointer) and Voila, you have the exact location of where you drill the fairing.

Those frame sliders look like the ones I use to have from Lightning Performance. The big part sticks outside of the fairing, and you actually only drill a hole big enough to fit the smaller diameter shaft (which looks to be a 1" hole versus a 2 1/4" hole like on my new Vortex sliders)

I will warn you though, because of the way these specific frame sliders install, there is no way of getting your fairing off without taking off the frame slider first. On the left side, no problem. Just unbolt it and take it off. But on the right side (the side you need to take off more often to change the oil), you actually have a bolt, and then a nut on the other end. So that means you have to wiggle your hand and wrench to loosen a nut that's located behind the radiator, behind the headers, and there's a coolant line right in front of it. So needless to say, it takes you about 15 minutes just to get the slider back off to even have a hope of getting the fairing off.

...............hope this helps. If you need any further help, or have questions about this specific type of frame slider, let me know. I've had to deal with them time and time again. (reason I went with Vortex after the crash)

Now, are they metal or plastic-ish? If they're metal, I would recommend not installing them. I don't have any personal experience with the metal sliders, but I've heard that they have a tendency to catch the road if you crash, and possibly flip the bike, causing more damage. The plastic-ish ones are great because they grind down during the slide (which is what mine did, and they worked brilliantly).

Might I also suggest getting some spool sliders for your swing arm too. I didn't have any when I crashed and if I did, my tail would have been rash free, and the end of my swingarm wouldn't have been gouged.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 AM

thanks ill keep that in mind on the front ones ....i already have the sliders on the back they were alot less complicated to install lol

btw they are aluminum...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 PM

Now, are they metal or plastic-ish? If they're metal, I would recommend not installing them. I don't have any personal experience with the metal sliders, but I've heard that they have a tendency to catch the road if you crash, and possibly flip the bike, causing more damage. The plastic-ish ones are great because they grind down during the slide (which is what mine did, and they worked brilliantly).

Might I also suggest getting some spool sliders for your swing arm too. I didn't have any when I crashed and if I did, my tail would have been rash free, and the end of my swingarm wouldn't have been gouged
great info.

the wrecked 2007 I just bought had sliders on the front which left 0 scratches on the tank cover and frame, but unfortunately Al Lambs dealership here in Dallas didn't put on therear spool slidersfor the orig ownerwhich would of saved the gouge in the swing arm and the tail which also sustained minor rash.

Quick Reply: front frame sliders