frame sliders

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frame sliders

anyone with an 03-06 rr know if the frame sliders you can get that don't require fairing modification work as good as others? they cost less but they'reno good to me if they suck. or has no one heard of such a thing?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Default RE: frame sliders

im wondering the same thing.....

Old 06-17-2007, 03:21 AM
Retired Administrator

The no cut sliders have a bad rep for doing more damage than good. I have vortex slidders and didn't think twice about cutting. DON'T buy metal sliders, go with delrin or the likes. You want the slider to grind away not snap in two. If you use the no cut sliders, you'll be adding a bit of leverage to the mounting bolt. And what do you do when you have a bolt/nut that's stuck..... you get a bigger wrench to break it loose.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Just cut um already!

Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Retired Administrator

Why are you looking at the no cut sliders? Is it because you said they are cheaper or you don't want to drill holes in the plastic? There are easy to follow steps to install the sliders I've installed around 5 sets for my buddies with no problem. I use the laser level method and it takes all of the risks out of it.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:32 PM
JRO

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Why are you looking at the no cut sliders? Is it because you said they are cheaper or you don't want to drill holes in the plastic? There are easy to follow steps to install the sliders I've installed around 5 sets for my buddies with no problem. I use the laser level method and it takes all of the risks out of it.
Do tell of this laser level method... My sliders came with no instructions.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:39 PM

LASER all the way...measure 2 cut once!!!

https://cbrforum.com/m_55748/tm.htm do a search and heres a good one..... BTW I have a set of VORTEX frame sliders for a 2006 RR they are black pucks I have never installed them if anyone interested I got them through kneedragers 58 bux = shipping... 50 bux and I will ship them to ya.... They are out of original package but all parts included. I went with woodcraft sliders if ya wondering they are solid sliders and replace w/o removing motor mount little user friendly imo.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:07 PM
JRO

Thanks for the link! That makes it easy as pie...

Old 06-17-2007, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I have some delrin sliders for my bikes (2000 Aprilia RSV Mille & an 06 CBR600RR) that mount to the front engine mounts and required drilling. I used a rear wheel stand to get the bike up straight, and then a laser to mark my drill points. Then dotted with a sharpie marker on the fairing, and drilled with a hole saw. No problem, they look great, and when (not if) you have a spill, they provide the protection you need for your valuable plastics.
My wife dropped the Aprilia already while pulling into the driveway (hit some wet pavement cornering) and their's not a scratch on the bike, just some scuffing on the slider. Well worth the investment and cutting.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Retired Administrator

I'm glad you got your answer...

Some like another method of putting some play-doh on the fairing where the bolt is to make an impression. Or leaving the bolt sticking out and pressing hard on the plastic so you have a mark on the foam. I just like the laser because it leaves no room for error. I like the steps and pictures kiggy posted, but I didn't see ( I didn't read all of it)... but after you mark the plastic with the laser, I pull my plastic back off and make sure the laser is still on the center of the bolt. If it still lines up, you're good to go.

Quick Reply: frame sliders