Flushmount Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flushmount Blinkers

Hey guys. I should be getting my hot-bodies front flushmount blinkers today. Just wondering the best way to take off the old blinkers. Any feedback is appreciated!

Old 08-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Default RE: Flushmount Blinkers

I just did mine a few days ago...i took out the lower n middle fairings n undid the nut from the inside...had to strain reaching though...how u plannin on wirin it? i have mine w/o resistors or doiodes, jus wired it so now the signals on the dash stay on...

Old 08-07-2006, 01:41 PM

I'm not sure how I wanna do it yet, all I know is I wanna do it myself. I've never really been a do-it-urselfer, but I'll be damned if I bring my bike to a shop. All I need is that phone call saying, "Umm Sir...while testing out ur newly installed blinkers....one of our techs dumped your bike". So I far i've done the exhaust and windsrceen myself and I kinda like getting to the know the bike better. I took a look yesterday at the fairings and wasn't sure if they have to come off or not. I'm trying to get an idea of what needs to come off before I install them. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM

I took apart most of my front plastic. It made thing way easier. You can take off the lowers and mids along with the fairing around your dash. It gives you complete access to the signals and wiring. I wired mine without resistors but they definitely blink and don't stay on. They blink a little faster than normal but nothing crazy. There's no reason that the lights should stay on on your dash.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:15 PM

just take off the middle fairings and the top piece that covers your air intakes and then you take the front portion of your intakes and walla! easy as pie!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 AM

Just checked the tracking number and my blinkers are waitin for me @ home!! Wooop!! Thanks for all the info, I'll let you know how it goes!! Its supposed to be low 80's and clear every night this week.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:01 PM

Haha im not sure why it stays on in the dash...i jus connected the wires till the flushmounts blinked...[&:]

exitnas,
Lemme know how u wired urs...i might just leave mine as is till i get better info as to wirin it properly...

Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 AM

Got right fairing off before gf started complaining I was outside working on the bike again while she was there. Should be able to complete the job tonight [:@]

Old 08-09-2006, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: exitnas

Got right fairing off before gf started complaining I was outside working on the bike again while she was there. Should be able to complete the job tonight [:@]
Seems to always happen to me too, right in the middle and it just pissed me off!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 PM

extinas... do u have picture?? im thinking of getting some flush mount sigs. just dont know what kind to get... anyone can also help me out too.. with a link... thnks

Quick Reply: Flushmount Blinkers