flush mount blinkers and tag holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flush mount blinkers and tag holder

where can i find flush mount blinkers for my 08 cbr600rr that dont blink fast and where can i get a tag holder that makes the plate bend back for a decent price.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Default RE: flush mount blinkers and tag holder

Let me be the first that says, "USE THE SEARCH" to you.

Answering quickly, the only front flushmounts currently that will not blink fast are the Protons, as they are supposedly 'load-balanced' to not require resistors. Otherwise, ALL other current LED based flushmounts will require either resistors installed in parallel to the wiring to increase the load on the system to satisfy the factory signal relay, or the replacement of the factory relay with an IC based unit. ( see www.customled.com for their direct plug and play replacement)

There are a multitude of plate brackets, from simple sheet metal with bends to mounted ABS plastic models with integrated lights. Search for FE or Fender Eliminator on this forum and you'll see all the options out there. If you're going for price, get some plain sheet metal and cut, drill and bend it yourself. I made mine in about 2 hours out of a $.54 cent piece of sheet metal. Looks and works perfect.

E.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM

check this auction out on EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...spagenameZWDVW.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Elmo: And the pix of your bracket are where?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Raptorsj

Elmo: And the pix of your bracket are where?
Haven't gotten a chance to take them. Only completed it on Tuesday night, had work throughout the week, then was riding all day yesterday. Today it rained all day. =(

Will try to get pics in the next day or so. Been meaning to, since I already replaced fronts with Protons, obviously cut the fender flap, and replaced the rear signals with mini stalks.

=)

E.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 PM

go on ebaydude
Good luck!!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:37 PM

tripageled.com for the plate bracket
...and hotbodies makes the signals, I have them with no resistors and my flashrate is normal. You can find them at motorcycletoystore.com

Check out my pics, I have the stuff I just suggested.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

tripageled.com for the plate bracket
...and hotbodies makes the signals, I have them with no resistors and my flashrate is normal. You can find them at motorcycletoystore.com

Check out my pics, I have the stuff I just suggested.
be vert,

Not calling you a liar or anything, but everything I've read says that the Hotbodies flushmounts are not load balancing (no built in resistor).

Did you change your relay, or didn't you switch to a Hangar R/d (Jneer) integrated tail?

(It matters because if I recall in my research, I read that the integrated tail is a load balancing unit, effectively adding resistors to each 'side' of your signal wiring)

E.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 PM

Let me say the Protons are NOT load balanced, their website advertises a normal blink rate, however, this is NOT the case. I have an 07 (same as the 08) and just installed the Protons and they DO blink fast. Additionally, I installed the J'Neer Hangar integrated taillight, which IS load balanced and has a stock flash rate. Click herefor my write up on all my "goodies", it's the last post on page 1.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: slatherson

Let me say the Protons are NOT load balanced, their website advertises a normal blink rate, however, this is NOT the case. I have an 07 (same as the 08) and just installed the Protons and they DO blink fast. Additionally, I installed the J'Neer Hangar integrated taillight, which IS load balanced and has a stock flash rate. Click here for my write up on all my "goodies", it's the last post on page 1.
Thanks for the heads up Slatherson. Looks like I'll be getting a new relay asap. =) (have my protons here, but haven't installed them due to weather yet)

E.

Quick Reply: flush mount blinkers and tag holder