Flat Footed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flat Footed?

ORIGINAL: be vertical

When you stop at a light you should have your left foot securely on the rear brake and the left foot on the ground, leaning to the left, with the bike in neutral. I am six foot and can get way more then double side flat footed on mine and I rarely do it, I would not worry about it, just learn to compensate.
I think you mean RIGHT foot on the brake, LEFT foot on the ground, and bike IN GEAR.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He gots a special bike, its bass akwerds .....

Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 AM

well quick q on the kickstand...ii do it, but my older cuzn feels as if u do it too much it will loosen the kickstand bolt or the stand will eventually give...? any1 have any xperience on that?????

and also, in regards to the whole flat footed sha-bang...look out for the WHITE SOLID LINES(especially wen wet)...they are SLIPPERY as hell!! ii almost slipped on em...

Old 04-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ I did it a few times a day for a few months on my 06..........the bolt wasn't loose, but I could tighten it about 1/4 a turn. I took out the bolt and applied locktite to it just to make sure. Bolt was fine after that.

I do it a little less now that I'm living at a different house, and have a different job...........but I also put locktite on the kickstand bolt on my 07 as well, just in case.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:18 AM

how do you do this infamous kickstand turn?

Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM

honestly the best way to learning is to just try it....thats wat ii did. ii do not kno my xact height(dont ask me why) but ii believe iim b/t 5'7"-5'9" @ about 140lbs give or take...ii am not built in anyway...ii do have an atheletic figure(NO HOMO) and ii am able to turn it. SO JUST TRY IT...

tips or pointers....ii stand on the side of the kickstand & grab the handlebar on the side of the kickstand and ii grab the rear passenger foot peg on the opposite side,then turn(clockwise werks best for me) ive seen guys urn it CCW, ii can do it but just takes a lil more effort...

JUST TRY & PRACTICE

Old 04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Cubllsu8338

how do you do this infamous kickstand turn?
It's actually very easy once you do it the first time. Grab the handlebar with your left hand, put your right arm over the passenger seat and grip the bike on the back, and lean it towards you until it is balanced on the kickstand. Now just turn...couldn't be easier.

When you get really good like me, you can put the kickstand up and try it.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: redbbwoy
ii believe iim b/t 5'7"-5'9"
You don't know your own height???

Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM

^^^ lolz...nah ii dont. it funnii bcuz ii have ppl who come up to me and compare at times, and they feel as if they are a certain height that ii thought ii was. they wud either be slightly taller or shorter but yet state that they were this or that height and ii replied "no, bcuz iim that height" and then they r like "no! thats what ii am." so ii dont really kno...ill measure myself today just for u buss

Old 04-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Just so you guys know after I got some boots my heel is barely off of the ground now and I'm pretty stable.

Quick Reply: Flat Footed?