Flat Footed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flat Footed?

+1 on leg extensions
I wish I can get my leg extended. Tippy toe on idle is nothing, but backing out the bike tippy toeing is very dangerous. I came so close to dropping my bike because I slipped on the gravel. Luckily, I looked like a jackass when I went screaming and my friend caught it from the back.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 PM

the answer is simple, gravity boots

+1 on leg extensions as well, good call

Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mingstah

.....but backing out the bike tippy toeing is very dangerous. I came so close to dropping my bike because I slipped on the gravel. Luckily, I looked like a jackass when I went screaming and my friend caught it from the back.
There's two simple solutions to that problem..........

A. Get off the bike and walk it back (easier that walking the bike while straddling it)
B. Spin the bike around on it's kickstand and ride it out.

Just a thought.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:45 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to stick with the tippy-toe ways of today instead of lowering. I brought this bike home 2 days ago and got a friend to help me bring it down the ramp out of my truck. My house is on a slight hill, the the tail end of the bike was facing uphill. When I tried to back it up away from the ramp, it was embarassing because I almost couldn't back the damn thing up. No big deal though I'll just get off of the bike to back it up and I should be ok. Good points about the Honda research, it makes sense to me.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

.....but backing out the bike tippy toeing is very dangerous. I came so close to dropping my bike because I slipped on the gravel. Luckily, I looked like a jackass when I went screaming and my friend caught it from the back.

A. Get off the bike and walk it back (easier that walking the bike while straddling it)

Just a thought.
A. Don't Look Cool
B. Haven't Been Able to Learn That Yet. Too Paranoid to try that out.

Kdye101 Better be careful if you are on a trail especially if its on a hill. I was backing my old bike (F4) into my gravel garage and slipped. I think tears were coming out of my eyes.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Just a thought.
A. Don't Look Cool
B. Haven't Been Able to Learn That Yet. Too Paranoid to try that out.

Kdye101 Better be careful if you are on a trail especially if its on a hill. I was backing my old bike (F4) into my gravel garage and slipped. I think tears were coming out of my eyes.
Wont look cool either if the bike is laying on the ground.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ HAHAHA. +1

Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Haha, then you just need to work on your kickstand turning skillz yo.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm not vertically challenged but got mixed feelings on it (but agree with some comments already made) .. personally I know I wouldn't feel comfortable if both feet aren't firmly planted, heck even then sometimes with oil and stuff at intersections I still don't feel like I'm on solid ground .. on the other hand, all the experienced riders I ride with whose opinions I trust and ARE too short to flat foot all say the same thing about the cons outweighing the pros to lower a bike .. they say shaving the seat and leaning the bike to hold it up with one leg gets the job done. (btw, wouldn't those race boots with taller soles help?)

Old 04-15-2008, 09:17 PM

When you stop at a light you should have your left foot securely on the rear brake and the left foot on the ground, leaning to the left, with the bike in neutral. I am six foot and can get way more then double side flat footed on mine and I rarely do it, I would not worry about it, just learn to compensate.

Quick Reply: Flat Footed?