First Mods

Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mods

Hi all...I just bought a 05 600RR and it is my first sport bike (had a cruiser previously), I was just curious, what are some of the first mods you guys do to these things? I didn't touch my old bike since cars are really my forte, but I want to learn some more about the modding world with these bikes.

Thanks,
Jon

Old 04-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Default RE: First Mods

First off ..Welcome to the site..you will find alot of helpful individuals here at the forums and 9 outta 10 someone can answer a question.Im gonna say the first thing alot of first timers go for the fender eliminator to clean up the tail and 8 out of 10 go for the new slip on can or a Power Commander.But then again that will vary.Maybe some turn signals or a new windscreen,no matter where ya decide to start alot of us have already started the long labor of love and would be more than willing to pass on the info..

Old 04-19-2006, 02:14 PM

Go out and get that bad boy some battle scars! LoL, sadly enough that was my first modification to my bike then came the flushmount turn signals. Little weary about the fender eliminator kit though, seems too hidden.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:07 PM

thanks guys! ya I already know I'm gunna get obsessed with modding it since I can't seem to stop modding my car lol. I def am getting a slip-on, but what exactly is the fender eliminator? And is the power commander like a computer programmer for air/fuel and things like that?

thanks again

Old 04-19-2006, 03:09 PM

i just started too. The very first thing i did was the rear fender elim kit. then front led turn signals. i just ordered up some frame sliders, and now i am having a hard time whats next. i was thinking power commander or slip on. but not sure. Hope that helps some.

J

Old 04-19-2006, 04:27 PM

yeah modding gets addictive. My first mod was the fender eliminator. Then front signals, windscreen, pipe, commander and now brake/clutch lever. really these things are like girlfriends. You get the thrill of pushing them to 150mph, then you go and spend money on them. Only so you can get 155. Then thats not enough and you start looking at your buddies bike. Then you think two bikes would be better. Maybe I'll get a "different color" bike. I think I need sport bikers anonomous. It could be interfearing with my daily life. LOL

Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM

you may want to consider frame and spool sliders. i really wish had mine installed already b/c i just took a spill yesterday and it would save me a lot of pain for my plastics.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 AM

Frame sliders would be my first choice.

Second choice would be the hard one. Be heard with a new pipe or cut down on the helmet buffeting with a Double Bubble windscreen?

Old 04-20-2006, 01:55 AM

Do the LED flush mounted turn signals front & aft get noticed OK??

Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 AM

Sliders are good. Fender eliminator and flush mounts upfront are good also. Rim tape is cheap and looks great, then maybe a slip on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Mods