first day riding!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first day riding!

Alright guys, new to to forum, new to my CBR, and new to riding streets.

I bought a CBR600RR last week, and had my buddy ride it to my place. I enrolled and completed my MSF course this weekend and this morning I registered my bike and got my motorcycle endorsement.

Needless to say I have been finding excuses to go riding anywhere and everywhere and at 50+ MPG why the F not?? I drive a truck so driving anywhere has been expensive, but not anymore!!

All I can say is.... WHAT A RUSH!! I can tell that riding is gonna be a life long love affair. I only wish I had started riding sooner, but better late then never.

My name is Jerry and live in Salt Lake, I don't have many friends with bikes but I wanna find some guys to ride with. Does anyone here have any ideas how I can meet up with some similar guys to go riding with?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-08-2010, 07:14 PM

Congrats on the new bike. The more often you ride the better, just take your time and don't rush it or try to show off too much. Also, welcome to the site and the addiction that is riding...

Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Hahahaha @Davis: DUDE scroll down and view my previous post!!! lol i had a posting very similar to this about 2 weeks ago!! lol i literally have been riding EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE!!! lol i hant put the bike down lol

its sooo much fun, congrats on your bike and have fun but be careful....

one thing i have been doing is everytime after I ride, i evaluate the ride....

ex. what did i do right? what did i do wrong? etc etc lol you can learn alot if you analyze things, break them down to the T so that you get better and better

hahaha and this is coming from the guy with 2 weeks of experience lol

Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 PM

thanks again guys. It is so nice to be able to hop on and ride to nowhere in particular.

Gotta stay safe though.

Snake-- what are the rules about riding in uniform. I am in the Army and not sure if it would be the same as Air Force but I am sure you can tell me something about it.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 AM

If you are heading to work on post, you need to have a military spec reflective vest, or at the very least a PT (reflective) belt. Just as long as you are heading to or from work you will be good to go. Also most vests have ID card holder built on the exterior for easier access for the gate guard.
Heres a link. http://newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/2488
But I would ask your first line leader just to make sure that is all and you have all your bases covered. If all else fails look it up in your base regulations.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 06-10-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
If you are heading to work on post, you need to have a military spec reflective vest, or at the very least a PT (reflective) belt. Just as long as you are heading to or from work you will be good to go. Also most vests have ID card holder built on the exterior for easier access for the gate guard.
Heres a link. http://newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/2488
But I would ask your first line leader just to make sure that is all and you have all your bases covered. If all else fails look it up in your base regulations.
Hope this helps.
Pretty much got it covered. Each base has their own rules added to it though, so get with Safety (or supervisor) see what they have to say.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:57 AM

I remember when I bought my first bike 4 years ago, I put 7k miles on it in 4 months before I had to store it away for the winter...each season I rode less and less and last summer I only put 2k miles on it, but my job/life has changed alot in the past 2 years so I did not have the time to ride. I sold my F4 about 2 weeks ago and after not having a bike I realized I really wanted one so I bought an 09 600rr yesterday...I think its going to start all over again cause I freakin love this bike, and actually have time to ride now.

Congrats on the purchase and be safe

Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 PM

I get cut-off almost everytime i ride. Watch out for other people, they are the ones who you need to keep an eye on! Especially girls on their god DAMN cell phones!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by jay4832
I get cut-off almost everytime i ride. Watch out for other people, they are the ones who you need to keep an eye on! Especially girls on their god DAMN cell phones!
ESPECIALLY THEM!!!! i know this only too well, one cut me off in the carpool lane and i went down. luckily it was at moderately low speeds and my bike had very minor damage. but still...

Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 AM

50 MPG?!?! wow thats insane. im lucky to get better the 40

Quick Reply: first day riding!