first crash today.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: first crash today.....

sry to hear that man!! iim tryin my very hardest not to lay mine down...havnt done so yet (knock on wood)!!

Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

If you ride within your limits you won't. I've been riding for ten plus years on three Honda's and have yet to set any down. The MSF courses have kept me from going crazy and driving defensively. I've had close calls, but have been able to recover because I ride the speed limit and prepare for the worst situation. My eyes are always scanning. Using this and proper techniques. You'll be fine.
ORIGINAL: redbbwoy

sry to hear that man!! iim tryin my very hardest not to lay mine down...havnt done so yet (knock on wood)!!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Booty Freak

Yo Blue Fox, how did lowside @ 70mph on a freeway ??
I was on an interstate (well, an interstate that had a turn lane in the middle to turn into a national park.) It's a LONG turn lane/slow down lane that is easily several hundred feet long, and I changed into the turn lane to slow down to turn into the national park (which is White Sands......where they filmed Transformers). I was going to take pics of my bike with the white sand dunes and sunset in the background. They just paved the road, and the turn lane was filled with black gravel (which at dusk, looks exactly like pavement). Since the turn lane is essentially a slow down lane too, I was still doing about 75 mph when I started to apply the brakes. The second I did this, POOF, the front end gave out and met the pavement for the first time. Frame sliders saved most of it though (other than the rear tail which was only rashed up a little on the side)

Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Blue Fox. It never hurts to learn from other people's crashes.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 PM

so the part that covers the oil tank part is the clutch cover? i guess it won't be that bad to replace, but its not even that bad either. i took matte black spray paint and now its not even noticeable. anyways, yea i needed to get a pair of frame sliders, they're coming in this week, it sucks that i had to lowside it before then. i was so pissed off. well thanks for everyone's posts! i'm glad you guys are loking out for each other