first crash today.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first crash today.....

gosh i'm so pissed. i forgot since its a pretty cold day outside today, around high 30's, the tires are still pretty cold and not all warmed up yet. i turned into a traffic filled street and the bike just spun out from under me in the middle of the road. i only have a scuff on my knee and i had all my gear so it's all good.

the bike was just scuffed up where the engine cover is for the oil tank, the fairings are spotless. it looks like that part can be easily replaced, is that true?

nice thing was, the people were very nice at helping me. one person gave me a hand lifting the bike up, the other stopped to see if i was in good shape to ride home. very nice people, i'm just lucky they stopped...

Old 01-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: first crash today.....

You were lucky. My first low side (70 mph on an interstate) the person saw it happen, hit the brakes and then kept going. Never stopped. My second accident, (when a car pulled out and t-boned it), no one got out or even asked if I was alright. Another biker stopped a while later to ask if I needed a ride. But that was it.

Where do you live? Southern NM is full of jackasses. Glad to hear you're alright though.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the misfortune azncupid22.

Yo Blue Fox, how did lowside @ 70mph on a freeway ??

Old 01-02-2008, 09:18 AM

Yes, I am very careful for the first few miles until the tires are warmed. It's an easy mistake. Glad you are okay.
ORIGINAL: azncupid22

gosh i'm so pissed. i forgot since its a pretty cold day outside today, around high 30's, the tires are still pretty cold and not all warmed up yet. i turned into a traffic filled street and the bike just spun out from under me in the middle of the road. i only have a scuff on my knee and i had all my gear so it's all good.

the bike was just scuffed up where the engine cover is for the oil tank, the fairings are spotless. it looks like that part can be easily replaced, is that true?

nice thing was, the people were very nice at helping me. one person gave me a hand lifting the bike up, the other stopped to see if i was in good shape to ride home. very nice people, i'm just lucky they stopped...

Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 AM

Remember to do a burn out before you leave your house on cold days. []

Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 AM

Remember to do a burn out before you leave your house on cold days.
[:@]Uhm...........................

Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 AM

i live in dallas texas, so the people are very nice here. i was surprised actually. also it makes my mad because my frame sliders were coming in the mail later this week, i could've saved my bike from being damage if i was careful.

do u kno if that part that covers the oil tan can be taken off and replaced? its the only part that is scuffed up.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 AM

I think you are talking about a clutch cover. That can be replaced for a 100 or so bucks.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM

yea shouldnt be too bad to replace..my first crash was at an intersection..wasnt a bad crash or anything but the car in front of me started to go when the light turned yellow so i sped up with him..he then slamed on his brakes and i did too and locked the tires up and slide. tire came out and i dropped it..have frame sliders so nothin but the mirror and sliders had scuffs...i just did a somersault on the ground lol

Old 01-02-2008, 05:15 PM

Sorry to hear that bro. Glad your alright though.

Quick Reply: first crash today.....