First Bike... Getting Used..Need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Bike... Getting Used..Need help

State farm..hmm never looked into them...I just went straight to progressive and they gave me a pretty good quote...but i dont think they looked up my driving record...I had 1 accident about 4 years ago but they were conserned with the past 36 months..so i dont think there gonna hold that against me...but i do have about 4 speeding tickets on my record but havent got one in the past year....so not sure how that is gonna play out...but ill give state farm a call and see how that goes.... O yea....when you get a quote online or over the phone..does that affect your credit score in any way shape or form?? im pretty sure i have good credit but i just dont wanna be loosing points for every quote i get...but at the same time i dont wanna get ripped off and over paying for antying thses days

Old 09-21-2008, 08:33 PM

It all depends on location and past driving history. I pay 400 bucks a year for everything BUT collision. I also live in one of the most dangerous counties for driving in the US, we typically pay double the insurance then most other rural places. It all depends on where you go and your luck, but the the MSF course and having a full license definitely help. Hondas are amazing and as long as it has under 10k on it and the oil has been changed regularly, the thing will last forever. I would just check the oil and make sure it kicks over almost right away from dead cold.

The best thing I can recommend is to set out a TOTAL budget. It will cost you an extra 1500 on top of the cost of the bike for insurance, gear, tax, reg, etc... Do not skip out on any of this stuff, because your only saving grace when you get stopped is that you have clean paperwork. Also, not to flame, but the rr is no starter bike, go with the f4i, or if you dont want to spend the money on that, ride a zx250 for a season to get the fundamentals down, then get something mean.

Good luck.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 PM

+1. i recomend an f4i. some people ask why because it is still a "rr" of its day, but it is way more forgiving, way cheaper to fix, and you dont lose out on anything cuz its still an amazing bike. imo go with an f4i, i loved mine