Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finished - For Now

Love it funk.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Woody6799

def looking good man very sharp... I can't wait to get better pictures of mine so we can compare lol, and I still say you need to black out the fork tubes
Thanks Woody...the plan now is for me to pick up a set of '05 or '06 inverted forks and install next winter...the shock tubes are gold so they will go nice with the gold calipers and steering stabilizer and blacksteel brake lines I got w/gold banjos...I am gonna accent the blue and black with gold...also plan on having all brake calipers done a brighter gold so they really pop.

I went to the guy that did my powdercoating and he was so impressed he wants me and my bike to be in a local commercial he wants to run on Comcast and a calendar he plans on doing. I was very grateful to be asked...but I got more powdercoating to get done.

Plus I want to get carbon fiber lowers and side seat covers for her, and maybe the chain guard and rear hugger in carbon fiber also.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

And the mirrors are?????? .............about to be installed? Yes?
I put the block off plates on there during "construction" to hold the upper in place while I finished up assembling her, and in my haste to ride this Sat when it was near 70 I took pics and went riding w/o mirrors on accident...I didn't enjoy riding w/o mirrors because I kept having to look back behind me...but I like the way the bike looks better w/o mirrors, I think the stock mirrors make her look like a lady bug so I got these cheap "carbon fiber race" mirrors off Ebay that I had on my F4i that I installed Sunday...so, yes, Inow have mirrors on the bike. I am notsure if CT requires mirrors or not, I asked my cop buddy and hesaid he wasn't surebut that he wouldn't pull over a bike for mirrors alone.

The mirrors I have only use one hole, so the platesstayed on the bike also.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

You gonna get wave rotors for the front?

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]
I DID get front wave rotors...but they sent me R1 rotors instead and I didn't notice until I tried to install...they were sent back last Friday and I should get them back any day now. I will update pics when I get them on. I also have full bike Speigler steel brake lines yet to install...smoke color w/gold banjos...and I have a pic of the other side I can throw up here showing the all black Driven hardened aluminum sprockets and black EK chain...

Thanks to everyone for the compliments...I will periodically update as I get more stuff done, just want to ride now and def more mods to come!!

If anyone knows where I can get a nice '05-'06 front forks for a good price, PM me!! Thanks!!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered Users

okay....jfunk....you and i need to have a talk....you can't go and start upstaging me man!!! damn you!!!...bike looks beautiful...

alright...since we are chit-chatting.... ....i just order my wavey rears and front...so THERE!....and i have my red SS lines with black banjos already install...so nyah-nyah-nah-nyah-nah!!!!

j/k...the bike is coming along great....

my big things that i still have on my list is PC'ing the sub and swinger gloss black...eventually the frame....

but i have installed a TON of red anno'd bolt pieces and ordered a solution to blacken the OEM bolts that don't come in black...i also just installed a new ZG screen....just got mesh for my vent covers because I finished my LED install...have front LED ram air blinkers to put in (that'll look trick, can't wait)....also have a PCIII and a BMG race filter to put in and a custom tune....then of course the biggie, the custom paintjob come winter hopefully next year....

so get to it buddy....i want to see the big jfunk all done and pretty....we'll have to find a way to meet up and ride once our rides are done...which may be never...LOL

Old 04-15-2008, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

okay....jfunk....you and i need to have a talk....you can't go and start upstaging me man!!! damn you!!!...bike looks beautiful...

...the bike is coming along great....

so get to it buddy....i want to see the big jfunk all done and pretty....we'll have to find a way to meet up and ride once our rides are done...which may be never...LOL
I don't think she'll ever be done. lol

I had a bunch of the bolts/nuts/washers pc'ed by the guy that did my powder coating and they came out good, I put a paper towel on the nuts when tightening and it didn't really scuff them at all, some of them have some marks but I was more careful with the fully visible bolts/nuts. The guy that I know does my bolts/nuts/washers for $0.15 each, so it was well worth the gamble since it didn't cost me that much.

I'm gonna give Bob at Beckers Powder House a shout out here...he did excellent job on my swing arm and shock mounts..."texture black" mayched the stock Honda frame exactly, and it's a low heat cure so it didn't melt out the foam inside the arm...came out great!!

http://www.beckerspowderhouse.com/

I also want to thank my boy, Greg McGlynn, for helping me wrench her back to health, without your help, man, I never could have got her done!! (YouTube "Adrenaline Crew" to see this sick bastard stunt it up)

I need some ideas about the windscreen...I like the stock Honda one, but it's got scuff marks and stuff on it that with draw from the bike...I def AM NOT going to put a blue one on it, but maybe a black one? I don't know, maybe I'll just get a new Honda windscreen minus the scuffs. Any pics you guys got would be helpful.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Registered Users

i just got a zero gravity windscreen in dark smoke, but the standard not the double bubble and it looks great....got rid of the scratches (i was in the same boat as you) and it has the stock look which i like....fitment was pretty darn good too....

Old 04-15-2008, 02:40 PM

very nice bike, that cannot be stock blue right?! What kinda blue is that? I think i might behigh because it looks like its changing colors!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:00 PM

That's the 2004 stock deep blue...it was the 3rd color option in 2004.

Imagine what it looks like in person, because although this pic looks pretty sweet, in person the color looks SO sweet...the picture doesn't really pick it up well.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 PM

Fellow blue RR!

Wow, she has definitely come together! Pic looks awesome. You should definitely be proud!!! Good work! By the way, I have the black ZG windscreen on mine. Possibility maybe? See what you think.

Anyway, looks great!!!!!!!!

I have the cheapo Ebay mirrors too, quality is crappy for the most part but will do for now. Hope you can tell the windscreen from the sun glare.
(Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread! Just wanted you to see what the blacked out screen looks like!)

Name:  sunnydaybike003.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  154.3 KB

Quick Reply: Finished - For Now (MORE PICS ADDED)