Finance & Insurance Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finance & Insurance Questions

So I have been looking to get either a a new CBR 600RR or a GSXR600 recentlyand had a few questions. I know that with Kawi and Suzuki if you finance through them, you get a card and use it pretty much like a credit card to buy your bike which means that there are no insurance requirements. Does Honda have the same type of thing? I know that with my age and what not that I wouldn't be able to afford full coverage.

I originally decided that I only would buy a Kawi, Suzuki or Honda - never been a big fan of Yamaha. Now though I am really leaning towards the CBR.

The Ninja just isn't good looking enough - too plain, some crappy plastics

I like the GSXR but can't bring my self to say the front is to my liking, the headlight set up just bothers me.

I also origianlly thought I didn't want a red bike, but the red/black color is really growing on me, though I wish the gauge cluster was a little more attractive.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Default RE: Finance & Insurance Questions

You won't be disappointed with the CBR. I've only had mine for 5 days and I just wanna ride it all the time. The red/black is pretty sweet, I was lucky enough though to pick up the black/tribal, otherwise that woulda been my second choice. As for the gauge cluster issue, seriously, how often are you gonna be looking down at that as you're flying down the road. I like the all digital set-up, and if anything, you can always mod it later.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:33 PM

Yes Honda had a credit card financing program too. There's info about it on their website.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:51 AM

[:@]Honda does have a credit card like was already said but, I don't know what their interest rate would be. I bought a silver 06' CBR600RR from the dealer and originally was gonna finance through them till' I found out the interest rate was gonna be atleast 15% sooooo, I financed through the insurance company I using for the bike they cut the interest rate down to 9%.... much more doable. Good Luck with things oh and by the way stick with the CBR....!!!

Old 04-29-2006, 03:19 AM

You should be able to get approved for like 6.99% for the first two years and then it goes up on the remainder of the ballance thereafter. Not too bad actually.

-Berg

Old 04-29-2006, 05:53 AM

Alright that's good to hear. I'm gonna go down to the dealership and pick up a application tomorrow and then start price shopping. I'm pretty sure I am going to go the Honda finance route, I will save a crap load of money on insurance that way, even if I have to take a slightly higher %. I would be paying a lot more monthly for insurance than I would for the bike if I was forced to have full coverage.

Know any dealerships selling for cheap in N. Cal.?

Old 04-29-2006, 08:19 AM

Yeah honda has a credit card too and ight now it has really sweet deals. I got mine 2 weeks ago, didn't give a cent down and i have a $90 monthly payment. This is for 36 months anfter that it goes up to 150 wich is still pretty sweet. If you want to you make bigger payments too. Also if you want no insurance you have to keep the price of the bike under 10k. But with th 600RR that should be no issue.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:06 PM

i'm not sure what your situation is exactly, but i was also worried about high insurance cost with the full coverage and being younger. most companies quoted me about $2-$3,000 a year for full coverage. i called state farm and they gave me full coverage for under $700 for the year. about $58 a month., i finaced through honda. you might want to give them a call.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 PM

I pay $614 a year, I am going thru progressive.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:12 AM

do you need proof of insurance when you finance the bike?

Quick Reply: Finance & Insurance Questions