Finally got a Slip on.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a Slip on.....

I went with the Jardine RT one. I just installed it today...It sounds good... I was debating on keeping the factory muffler heat shields on but i decided it looked alot cleaner without them. i also mounted the rear blinker lights under the fender and made a little bracker for my plate. i just mounted it to the hugger. let me know what you'll think...

Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Finally got a Slip on.....

I'm not seeing the turn signals... did you go with the clear alternatives tail light?

The bike looks great.

One question? Why do most people like you, blur out the plate? I mean it's not a top secret thing... people see it everyday when you ride. Just curious.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:10 AM

pic's are too small to see anything..... lol But I went with the Jardine exhaust as well and mounted the stock blinkers to where the side reflectors were.. TILL I decide what I want to do with them.... Wanting to go to the integrated tail light and just drop them off all together..... Gonna wait till summer for that, too cold up here to try to get that tail section off! Afraid of breaking/cracking it off. Would like to see bigger pic's of yours RUBBERBANDMAN.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 AM

Can I borrow your exhaust for a few years? Looks nice.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 AM

Looks nice.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:22 PM

I have the turn signals mounted on the underside of the fairing. if you look close on the second pic, i think, you will be able to see them. But to answer your question doncollins, i'm not sure why???? i just dont want anyone to run the plates and see how many tickets i got....

CMHGUY just click on the little pics and they should get bigger.......

Old 01-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Retired Administrator

I looked again before I read your answer... I don't know why but I was looking of shorties or something else. Looks good.

The plate thing wasn't just directed at you... it was a general question so if anyone has a reason why, I'd like to know. I mean the plate is visible all day while I'm riding... why hide it in online pictures??? Just wondering if there's a reason that people do it and I should also have the fear.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:36 PM

So no one can steal your numbers don, and make a falsie plate in your same area, then go ape-**** and get all kinds of charges racked up, while your at home sleepin on teh couch [:-]

geaawd thats a hot pipe

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  80.7 KB

Heres what was done to my blinkers, if your interested: I replaced both stock units that were on it with LP units... clear lenses baby...

Name:  mybike4.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  43.0 KB

Old 01-18-2006, 01:59 AM

I like that BlindLOKI!!! How did you get the pipe to sit so close to the fairing and so far in? mine has a litlle gap and it sits lower????

Old 01-18-2006, 03:03 AM

You can find out someone's addrress from their plates. Police officers can obtain that information in seconds, & so do thiefs.

Quick Reply: Finally got a Slip on.....