fender eliminator kit input

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fender eliminator kit input

Ok im thinking about getting a fender eliminator kit. It clearly makes the bike the bike look way better and way cleaner. I know that a lot of you have this.I have a couple questions. How hard is it to install and from how far away can you see the license plate? Also here in Tx. they have started putting our inspection stickers on a little bracket that is part of the license plate bracket, i hate to go back to putting it on the front fork. Any input is greatly appreciated on install and also a good vendor to buy this from. Its going on my 08 600. Thanks guys. Nitwit out.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fender eliminator kit input

To get the stock one off, you are probably going to have to take your rear plastic off, but it's not very tricky at all. Just a few bolts and a couple push pins if I recall correctly. You will be doing a bit of saudering/splicing to hook up the new signals/plate light, but only basic electrical knowledge is required for that as well. If you replace the front signals, you may also have to install resistors, and that's where it gets a bit more tricky with wiring and mounting. As far as visibility goes, that all depends on which eliminator you get, and there are tons to choose from. If you want the best visibility, get one that is angled at 90 degrees to the ground. I have mine at about 30 towards the bike because i think it's a cleaner look, but you can't exactly see my registration sticker that way. If it irks a cop, I'll change it when I need to. Nitwit out.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Retired Moderator

I installed the Rizoma kit. It's a little pricey (about $250 + $37.00 per signal). But it keeps it looking stock and clean. Extremely bright tail lamp and tag light.

Like shoortbuss said, the stock tail is extremely easy to get off (once you get the rear tail off.)

(It'll look much better with a real plate on there too.)

Name:  07rrnew007.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  99.5 KB

Name:  feb1008_002.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  118.3 KB

Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I installed the Rizoma kit. It's a little pricey (about $250 + $37.00 per signal). But it keeps it looking stock and clean. Extremely bright tail lamp and tag light.

Like shoortbuss said, the stock tail is extremely easy to get off (once you get the rear tail off.)

(It'll look much better with a real plate on there too.)
Fox, if I failed to mention it before, your bike is rockin. I like the personal touches you've added to it. No tackiness, really clean....

Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 PM

take a look at mine if you would like, but i wont put it on here since everyones tired of seeing it.[sm=violin.gif] i figured out how to do the photo gallery [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 PM

Damn Blue Fox, that's one SWEET looking machine...I want one when I grow up. None of the other makes can even touch the looks of the Honda's as far as I'm concerned, although those new 636 Kawi's look pretty sweet too. I hate the Gixxers one headlight and fat body. Yamaha's never did it for me either.

I'm on my "new" '04 600RR, and I love it. But someday I'll have a new bike all the same.

Mine has a Jardine fender eliminator, it's a simple metal bracket that cost less than $60 andmy signals are integrated into the tail light. This bracket eliminator will support the factory turn signals if you need it to.

I'm not sure if they make one for the newer RR's, but check Ebay or something and you'll find one similar to this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...spagenameZWD1V
(this isn't the exact one, but it gives you an idea)

As far as I'm concerned, the fender eliminator is a must to get rid of those bulky, ugly fender's the makers supply with the bikes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23483/3848467436BF4654B1371B93E93E9C36.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: RounderNU

take a look at mine if you would like, but i wont put it on here since everyones tired of seeing it.[sm=violin.gif] i figured out how to do the photo gallery [sm=headbang.gif]
Man Rounder, just when I was getting used to seeing those 3 pictures of your bike. Sounds like you've turned over a new leaf!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: RounderNU

Man Rounder, just when I was getting used to seeing those 3 pictures of your bike. Sounds like you've turned over a new leaf!
HAHAHAHA!!!![sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Im gonna throw in a +1

Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ I have to throw up a "LOL" too.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:14 AM

Fox's is very clean looking. You can look into the ones http://www.tripageled.com/main.html has too.

Quick Reply: fender eliminator kit input