Fender Eliminator.. Detailed Instruction?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Eliminator.. Detailed Instruction?

Anyone got a copy or know a place that has one? The instruction came with the parts seems a bit vauge.. Don't want to drill wrong holes hehe. THanks.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Default RE: Fender Eliminator.. Detailed Instruction?

Which brand? More than one out there.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 AM

Oh sorry, Competition Werk.

Old 07-14-2005, 08:53 PM

Sure I got a copy. Give me your email address and I will scan it and send it to you. I can tell you this much. The directions suck. I pretty much figured it out by the pictures.

One thing though. I have a 1000 RR so it may be a little different, but not too much.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:36 AM

ZHehe i have the instruction they gave as well. Was actually looking for a write up someone might have done or something... The stupid instruction left out everal things like wiring diagram etc.. I hope these lights are AC.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The important thing about installing after market rear signals is to use the pig tail harness from the old signals lights. This means cut the wire a few inches down from the plug on the old signal and splice that section into the new ones. That way you are not cutting into your main harness on the bike. Also if for some reason you want go back to the old signals you can always buy a complete set on eBay.

To figure out which wires goes where I paid attention when removing the tail original signals to figure out which side corresponded with what color wiring harness. To figure out which three wires to use on each side I turned the bike on and temporarily connected the wires to see when they lit up the new signal. If they stayed on with the signal switch in the neutral position then I had the running light and the ground wire. I guess correct the first time so when switching the signal to left the new left signal started to blink so I knew I had the ground and the left signal wire. Unless your lights have three wires then just cut the running light wire from the pig tail flush and tuck it out of the way neatly.

Understand?

Old 07-15-2005, 07:09 PM

Yeah, thats pretty much it. You know what though... I could never figure out what to do with the license plate light so I just taped it off and tucked it under the seat. And watch out for that crappy roller in advance. You are gonna want to put a black sticker of some sort on your fender where it rolls because it scratches the hell out of it.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bender, buddy, it a hugger fender it is designed to keep water and debry from slinging up under your tail, It's not external body work for goodness sake. The roller on mine is leaving a slight mark on my fender but that is not big deal to me. Although I realize it my bike it built for it, what concerms me more is whats going on in the inside the bike when I am repeatedly reving the engine to 13K when practicing power wheelies.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:36 PM

LOL!

What can I say? I love my bike. It pains me to see her take any nick or scratch. I ride her hard, but at the end of the day I whisper sweet nothings in her ear. I am sure there will come a day where I do not care as much. Kind of like my truck where door dings used to **** me off but now that I have about 10, whats one more.

Old 07-16-2005, 04:19 AM

Yea we kinda chucked the instructions down the shop's garbage can and set it alaze along with half a can of brake cleaner we sprayed in it hehe. My friend is a mechanic so it was a breeze to install... Sometime i wonder who wrote that instruction.

Quick Reply: Fender Eliminator.. Detailed Instruction?