Fender Elimination

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Elimination

I am thinking about taking my rear stock fender off and replacing it with the license plate frame that has the led brake lights and turn signals in it. Has anyone see any products like this and were they quality with bright lights?
Thanks

Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 PM

Not the best picture but you get the idea. Fender elems are common. Lots of good brands out there. Everyone will have an opinion on whats best.

Here is a picture of mine. The turn signals / brake light is integrated in that strip right over the license plate. The brake light could be a little brighter I guess, but I have no complaints.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:53 PM

Here's another one RRchic.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I have not seen this but I wouldn't have that as my only brake light. First it can't be street legal and your asking to get lots of tickets not to mention I don't think its safe at all. People won't be looking for the plate to light up you know. I think it would be a good idea as a extra light. I hear good things about the TST FE: http://tstindustries.com/product.php...cat=251&page=1

Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 PM

Most cagers dont look for bikes any ways. Undertails are VERY common and can be just as safe as OEM if it is done properly and the lights are good quality. Ive got one on my F4i that retains all of the OEM lighting, gets rid of all of the bulky plastic. Ive also got one that comes with all LED lights, I just didnt like it because the lights werent large enough to me and feared reduced visibility.

In the end, its up to you and your style, i just chose a nice median between cleaner tail and safety.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 AM

u can do this?

Last edited by djsabot; 11-11-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:03 PM
BDT

Originally Posted by R Dub
I have not seen this but I wouldn't have that as my only brake light. First it can't be street legal and your asking to get lots of tickets not to mention I don't think its safe at all. People won't be looking for the plate to light up you know. I think it would be a good idea as a extra light. I hear good things about the TST FE: http://tstindustries.com/product.php...cat=251&page=1
It looks fine to me. The only problem is the integrated signals. If he put separate signals on the sides it would be perfectly legal. The TST one has integrated signals too so it's illegal.

Last edited by BDT; 11-11-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: I saw an error in my ways.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Are you referring to mine Dub?

Its plenty bright and safe. The signals light up on the sides. The brake light is in the middle. I can take night photos if you're interested.

Any sort of fender elem is illegal in Virginia (for inspection, cops could care less).

Any and all signals have to be 11 inches minimum apart from each other. A lot of bikes come stock closer than that so would technically fail Va Inspection

Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
October 2011 ROTM

No Nate, I think your is fine. I guess I was just imagining the whole fender gone and the plate relocated up by the hugger and and just a small a$$ frame with some LEDs in it. Without a pic of what the OP is looking for I just came up with this image in my head and was like oh no that is not good. But if the OP is looking to do something like yours then that's cool, my mental pic was way off.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by djsabot
u can do this?
? Please clarify

Quick Reply: Fender Elimination