Fastest Way to 160 on a Stock 07 600RR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Way to 160 on a Stock 07 600RR?

I was wondering if an experienced racer could give me an example of how they shift to get from 0 to 160? Like x geartox RPM at x speed then x+1 gear to x RPM at x speed, etc.

I am just assuming 160 on the speedo (no healer or GPS) to be the top speed of the bike. I know that is not accurate, but it will make it easy for me to measure things. I'm also not sure I am planning to go that fast. I am basically just looking to compare my shifting to someone who knows what they are doing.

I also know mods change the power band specifically, so I am hoping for an answer from someone on a stock bike. But I know most racers are going to have some kind of modifications, so I want to say that really anyone who can tell me how they do it, regardless of modifications, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Default RE: Fastest Way to 160 on a Stock 07 600RR?

How about shiftin at the rev limiter....that should get u there.....i nailed 165 on my 1000 and had to back down ...i ran out of reaction room...so find a nice long road...and do a gut check...then go....but after u go that fast...life moves so slow...good luck...

Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Well getting there is not just the issue. It's getting there the quickest. Like a pro would. I have never gone faster than 145 on the speedometer. Not sure I ever would go faster. But when I was there, I felt like the bike still had a lot left on one hand, but that it was climbing too slow. I can't remember the exact rpms, but I was definitely in the upper power band, yet not redlining. I was certainly not in 6th, but probably in 5th.

But is that pretty much all there is to it? Crack it open to redline, shift up, crack to redline, repeat until 160?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to a track and let an actual professional teach you. Only idiots and squids do **** like this on the street, especially if they have to ask how to do it.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Take it to a track and let an actual professional teach you. Only idiots and squids do **** like this on the street, especially if they have to ask how to do it.
I totaly agree if you aint sure how to shift then we aint sure you need to go 160 ...........look in the old post there is a picture of a kid with his head in the back of a semi trailer and he's dead because he was goin to fast and misjudged the dist. think about hittin a track and learnin at a slower speed with good people around.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: f3racer

its not redline that gets you there its max torque and hp. so get your bike dyno'd and look at the where the max hp is at what rpm, and what max torque at what rpm. shift at the rpm that has the max hp/torque. that will get you there fastest. it doesnt always take hitting redline. Unless redline is where the bike makes max hp and torque.
Yeah, I was hoping to save the expense of dynoing. Since mine is stock I can probably get pretty close from reading magazines.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Sigh.

I said I have never taken my bike that fast and that I probably never would. I also stated my reason for asking was just to get a comparison of technique. I never said anything about actually trying to duplicate what I was asking for, nor did I ever say anything about doing anything like that on the street. This is the second time I have asked an innocuous question about performance riding and gotten some counterproductive, asinine injection from someone who completely missed out on just about everything I was saying.

Another one for my block list.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 PM

just from a tach point of view
on the dyno my 07 made peak hp at 14500rpms and then dropped off
so shifting at redline really wouldnt be that bad of an idea because then if you are fast enough with the gears and clutch lever you start the next gear dead set in the powerband
if you shifted right at peak hp then it will drop too far out of the powerband and you would have to catch back up

Quick Reply: Fastest Way to 160 on a Stock 07 600RR?