F4i vs RR experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i vs RR experience

I have an '04 F4i that I bought as my first bike and have been riding for the past 2 years and has been great. I have a buyer for it now though and have been considering moving into an RR to 'up' my fun factor. I'm about to go test ride my first RR (I've rode a zx and a r6 before) and am wondering how much of a difference I should expect between my '04 F4i and an '06 600rr???

I don't want to jump on it expecting too much and be dissappointed, but I also want to notice a substantial difference. I also have an awesome deal on an '06 1Krr, but I'm not sure if I really need that much more bike and the insurance goes way up.

My disclaimer: I used plenty of "search function" technique, I am more just looking for first hand accounts/advice on the difference between these two specific bikes.

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will notice the rr isnt as comfy for all day rides or long trips compared to the F4i. You should notice a deff handling difference. Power will be up, but depending on the gearing on your F4i may not be as big a improvement (seat of the pants feel) as you wold expect. I think the #'s are like 10 more hp and torque up a bit as compared to the F4i. If it doesnt have the power you expect I would do a -1/+2 sprocket change on it.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 PM

PG, thanks for the honest reply!

I forgot to mention that my F4i is a bone stock '04 and the '06rr is used but has a yoshi slip on for what thats worth.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:16 AM

i just traded my 06 F4i in for a 09 600RR and the difference is big. throttle roll on is so much smoother. that alone makes cornering much easier. also, the handling is much better imo. i would never go back to an F4i even though i was in love with mine...

Old 07-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

If you ride the bike to the limits you will notice an all around improvment. If you don't [most of us fit this catagory] then the improvment won't be as much as it sounds like your expecting.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from a F4 to an 03 RR. I have to agree with PlayfulGod that the F4 was a lot easier to ride all day. I had done the F4i tailend swap to my F4 and found the seat a little harder, so when I switched to the RR I didn't really notice much that way.
As for the stearing and power, the bike turns in better and in my opinion the power hits harder. I know I'll never ride the RR to the limits, just like I never rode my F4 to its' limits.
I am glad I had the F4, but the RR is what I wanted and I am very happy with it.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM

i've owned both and +1 to ^

Old 07-25-2009, 10:45 PM

I've got a 03 F4i and a 08 RR so not the exact comparo you are looking for but just in case you're curious:

I love the F4i; going for a ride on it is like putting on a pair of comfy old slippers.

Getting onto the RR after the F4i I feel like I'm putting on a pair of the latest high tech running shoes.

After having both for a while I am coming to realize what a great bike the F4i really is. In a way I like it more now than I did when it was my only bike.

Either one exceeds my capabilities by about 1500% but if I could only have one it would be the RR no doubt about it.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 AM

I used to have an '06 600rr(hard times). I don't have any complaints about it. I now own a '02 600 f4i. I can honestly say that I haven't noticed a difference in either power or the 'comfort' factor. They are both great bikes. I wouldn't jump into any decision until you actually tried the RR out. You might be disappointed(then again you might not).

Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM

i went from an 02 f4i to an 06 1000rr and the change was huge. both bikes are awesome. the f4i was much easier to "sling around" compared to my 1000rr. but with a little time the 1000rr handling is unbelievable. also the f4i was fun b/c you really got to rip the throttle to high rpms to get it going and really hit power the power band. my 1liter the power is everywhere, even at low rpm which is also great. its like driving a subaru wrx 4 cylinder compared to a v8 corvette.... both are fun and great in their own way. but ultimately either way 600rr or 1000rr you will be upgrading and you will LOOOOOVE either one.

Quick Reply: F4i vs RR experience