Extended Swing Arms & Lowered 600rr's

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extended Swing Arms & Lowered 600rr's

Extended swingarms do an AWESOME job at getting power to the ground and keeping it there.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:35 PM

who the hell has trouble "putting the power to the ground" on a 600? especially the RR as it has a relatively long wheelbase already which is one of the reasons it doesn't turn in as fast as the yamaha and suzuki

if you have some sticky tires and put weight on the front end to keep it from coming up you shouldn't have an issue "putting the power to the ground" its not a freakin RC211V your riding its a stock 600RR

Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM

If you're drag racing and have an extended swing arm, chances are high that there are other comprehensive performace enhancements.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Yeah, I see these other bikes lowered and they look mean! I was just wondering if it is reasonable to do to a CBR! But I suppose I shall keep it as is! Thanks for the info guys!

Old 08-18-2006, 04:06 AM

Heres whats going to happen.

Lowered bike means you are goign to be scrapping the pegs at less of an angle and you wont be able to take turns as hard. This doesnt mean your bike is going to be "Crappy" You just wont be able to go as fast as others with stock setups.

Extended swingarms were made for drag racing, not the corners. The longer your swingarm, the longer it takes to turn from one way to the other and it wont pitch as fast into a corner.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:56 PM

Just say no.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:48 AM

I dont' know about the whole swingarm deal, but I did lower my bike 1" at the rear only, and it handles better than it did before, it looks great than before, and I can put both feet flat on the ground and get more control. The shop was going to lower the front too, but they saw that when I am on the bike, my weight is shifting forward do to the CBR's stance(our bikes do place the rider way forward than most bikes), which leaves the bike level and perfect. So they didn't bother touching the front. I swear that I can turn the corners better and with more confidence now, then what I did before lowering the bike. To those that want to lower it, DO IT!!! You won't regret it. This is the best mod I've done so far. For those on the circuit racing, than get vortex rear sets if your pegs scrape. This will bring your pegs up one inch, you do the math. I can't believe all the whiners in here that bitch about lowering the bike. If your really hard up, you can always remove the lowering dogbone link, and put back your stock sucky setup. I could never understand it. Its not the end of the world folks.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:11 PM

+1... I'll bet 90% of the guys that get all worked up about how bad a lowered bike performs have NEVER been on a lowered bike. My 061k is lowered 3"rear and 1-1/4 front and corners like a dream, twisties all day long. Gonna stretch it 4' over the winter too !! I'll put those pics up and watch as these guys heads explode. Do what you want to your bike, and if its that bad, change it. I love my bike lowered. Have never had a highside/lowside/whateverside problem. I love how you ask a question and get 40 people who have never done it telling you not to, and three people who have actually done it telling you its not that differant.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 PM

A lowered and stretched bike is great for the drag strip...oh and for showing off your blinged out bike in the Starbucks parking lot, but that's about it...

I personally like doing more than going fast in a straight line...

Old 10-17-2006, 01:03 PM

I thought of extending mine also, but like the majority have stated its will reduce your ability to take curves... If you want a show bike then cool, but if ya want to have it for track racing or riding the twisties, DON"T DO IT!!!

Quick Reply: Extended Swing Arms & Lowered 600rr's