Exhaust Tape

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008 | 08:25 AM
Default RE: Exhaust Tape

ORIGINAL: Freak*06RR

I said I have never used the product and from what I have seen in MY OPINION it looks like trash.
carbonrrpilot do you have any pics with the tape on your bike? Lets see how good it looks......may work ok but, im going for looks as well as performance .

My bad CARBONRRPILOT...I see it in the secound pic......you think that looks good???????
Sometimes it's better NOT to hit that reply button, really.

Old 07-09-2008 | 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Freak*06RR

TheX I may be wrong^^^^^^ because i tend not hack things and use cheap products for cheap fixes.....
See any cheap fixes here? Didn't think so, I wouldn't recommend a fix that wasn't valid. I take pride in my bike.

Old 07-09-2008 | 08:47 AM

Im not here to start fights...Its MY opinion that heat wrap tape looks like trash and is a cheap fix til you have the funds to fix the item correctly. If you stand by this product so well how come i dont see the heat tape on your bike......Maybe because you agree with me it looks like garbage.
So the question is with you taking so much pride in your bike(me aswell) would you put this tape on your bike?????
I sure the hell would not......The only way I would is if I needed it to get my bike home or to the shop

Old 07-09-2008 | 09:05 AM

I absolutely would use it, as do a lot of others. You're welcome to your opinion, but you should realize when and HOW to share it. Better yet, when NOT to share it.

Old 07-09-2008 | 09:30 AM

Again this is a message board forum if you dont like someones opinion skip over it and read the next post. Please dont tell me when or what I should post. I guess the same thing can relate to you and your parents on this matter...they should have relized and aborted when they had the chance......
Also, I dont see any of that heat tape on your bike that you think would look so fantasic on your bike....show me pics of it on your bike....back up what you say

Old 07-09-2008 | 09:49 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

IMO i would tend to shy away from using it. Now from experience with cars and coated headers after some time it tends to hold in moisture thus causing rust and corrosion issues. I however DONT know if it would effect our titanium or aluminum exhaust as much, but its something you may take into consideration. I would actually be curious to hear from someone who has had it on their bike for a long period of time, say a year or more, if there were any bad results. I know i had it on my Nova headers, they were jet hot coated inside and out, and when i peeled the wrap off it was pure rust where the heat wrap was.

Old 07-09-2008 | 10:01 AM

jeeeese, hey freak,first of all its not about looks, its about performance, this stuff doesnt peel or come of.lowers eng temp a bit and keeps the heat off yer leg, and as i said you can now grab this part of the pipe, before just brushing against it would have burned you,no offense... but yer an idiot and only digg'n a deeper hole! move on!!Name:  custommaderearsets.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  146.9 KB
Name:  patch2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  38.0 KB

Old 07-09-2008 | 10:03 AM
|
Banned

I started this thread to begin with because I saw it on a bike and thought it looked GREAT...

Apparently my opinion on what looks good and what doesn't means a little bit seeing as how I won ROTM in May (Sorry, had to gloat)

When it comes down to it, the heat is currently not an issue at all with my bike as is, without any heat shields. The pipe started to melt my side cover a bit, but that was only because I had it mounted incorrectly and it's been fixed. This is purely aesthetical, as I don't like the look of a silver pipe sticked out the side of my black bike. I want to wrap it in black exhaust tape, and I think, when done right, gives a clean, classy, and agressive appearance. I don't *need* a heat shield or tape though.

Old 07-09-2008 | 10:05 AM
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: carbonrrpilot

jeeeese, hey freak,first of all its not about looks, its about performance, this stuff doesnt peel or come of.lowers eng temp a bit and keeps the heat off yer leg, and as i said you can now grab this part of the pipe, before just brushing against it would have burned you,no offense... but yer an idiot and only digg'n a deeper hole! move on!!
LMAO...looks like we posted at the same time and I totally contradicted you. Lemme straighten that out by saying that, from what I've read, the tape does provide performance advantages that I'm interested in too.

Old 07-09-2008 | 10:06 AM

ROTM is a cool thing, we're members of the same club. I think the silver would look better covered on a black bike and think it's a great idea.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tape