Exhaust Tape

Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Tape

I removed my stock exhaust shield on the side of the bike and don't have the money to replace it with the carbon fiber I want just yet, so I'm just wondering if anybody has experience with exhaust tape? Check it...

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Motorcycle...p_Black_HT.htm

Worth the money?

Old 07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Default RE: Exhaust Tape

I would have waited and ordered the carbon fiber shield before I took the old one off. Not to be a dick but why would you do that? now your going to spend 65.00(per link)(wasting more money) on a cheap fix til you get enough money to buy the part you need. More than likely it will look like garbage....could you put the old shield back on? and im sure when that tape gets wet it will peel off.......

Old 07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Freak*06RR

I would have waited and ordered the carbon fiber shield before I took the old one off. Not to be a dick but why would you do that? now your going to spend 65.00(per link)(wasting more money) on a cheap fix til you get enough money to buy the part you need. More than likely it will look like garbage....could you put the old shield back on? and im sure when that tape gets wet it will peel off.......

To be honest, I thought it looked cool at first with the pipe just chillin on the side but now I hate it and think it looks stupid. I'll just add it to my winter wish list.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Freak*06RR
and im sure when that tape gets wet it will peel off.......

Wrong

Old 07-08-2008, 02:17 PM

TheXI may be wrong^^^^^^ because i tend not hack things and use cheap products for cheap fixes..... but im sure if time goes by and that tape gets soaked and then dries and continues to get soakedthen most likely it will peal and look like crap after a long period of time. Like I said I dont use muffler tape so I dont know how good the product is but I sure wouldnt use duct tape if my mirror cracked on my bike.........HACK. I was only given my opinion anyway.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:18 PM

do you still have the heat shield or did u throw it away? If u still have it pm and ill send u some pics on how i modified mine.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered Users
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the heat wrap , i have it and it works great takes a lot of heat of your right leg and it doesn't peel of when it gets wet, get the one at your local bike shop not the stillership or if u got more money get the one they sell at peformance car shops but they about $10-12 a foot .
helps a lot

Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 AM

when you put the tape over yer pipe yer supposed to wet it, then when it heats up/cools down a couple times it starts to harden and mold together which is what it suppossed to do! wont peel, or come off! works great, at running temp i can actually wrap my hand around pipe no sweat!
Name:  patch2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  38.0 KB

Old 07-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Banned

So basically you guys are saying Freak06*RR didn't know what the hell he was talking about and it's a good investment?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 AM

I said I have never used the product and from what I have seen in MY OPINION it looks like trash.
carbonrrpilot do you have any pics withthe tapeon your bike? Lets see how good it looks......may work ok but, im going for looks as well as performance .

My bad CARBONRRPILOT...I see it in the secound pic......you think that looks good???????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Tape