Exhaust Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exhaust Gasket

Springs, It takes a lot more then some one disagreeing with me to offend me so no worries. Anyway, you are probably right about the yoshies being different since I have no idea what the diameter of the Yosh riser pipe is.

In my case If I would have retained the stock gasket my Micron riser pipe would have butted up against it and it would have served no sealing purpose. One reason I bought the Micron was that if I chose to buy the Micron header pipe later it would fit the Micron slip on I have now thus making it a full system. Not all after market slip on will do that.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the yoshi rs5 in carbon fiber...i bought it from slava at flatoutmotorcycles.com...he said NOT TO USE THE GASKET...the midpipe will fit all the way down you just have to screw with it for a few minutes

Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 PM

Use the gasket, trust me get a new one. I re-use my old one (bike was only 10 miles at the time) Just few days ago i found out it was leaking. At first there were lidquid dripping down near my exhaust, and the first thing went through my mind was a leak. Took out heatshield, started up the bike and sure enuf it was leaking. So i ordered a new gasket through HOnda dealership (20 bucks) And hoping to put it in this weekend.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 AM

Like always another two different answers. One with the Yoshi says the dealer said don't use it adn the other guy is saying use it. I might have to find an 800 for Yoshi before I install it and see what they say. This sucks.............

Old 08-05-2005, 02:22 AM

You can re-use it if ya want... When i took mine off i noticed that the crushed aliminum gasket is indented all around by the old exhaust. Of course the yoshi didn't have the same imprint so there were gaps when putting on yoshi. It's your money man do what ya want. I know i have a leak so i am gonna patch it up. Also, who at the dealer told ya ya don't need it? The mechanic or the parts guy? Or whether or not they even install a new one on an 05 600 yet. When you get your yoshi box, the instruction have an 800 number on it, give em a call... Not exactly a friendly bunch but they'll answer ya...Actually here' the number 800-634-9166

Old 08-05-2005, 02:25 AM

Dude, don't worry about it and stop stressing. When you are at the point of installing the pipe you will see if the diameter fits perfectly over the mid pipe or if it fits loose. If the new pipe fits over the mid pipe loosely then you will need the gasket. If it fits nice and snug, almost tight to the point where you have to muscle it on to seat on the rim that the gasket used to sit on then you don't need the gasket. It is really that simple. You should go out and buy some Hi Temp RTV and use some on the mating surfaces where each pipe connects to eliminate leaks.

I would think with how popular Yoshimura is that they would include detailed instructions with their products.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

Dude, don't worry about it and stop stressing. When you are at the point of installing the pipe you will see if the diameter fits perfectly over the mid pipe or if it fits loose. If the new pipe fits over the mid pipe loosely then you will need the gasket. If it fits nice and snug, almost tight to the point where you have to muscle it on to seat on the rim that the gasket used to sit on then you don't need the gasket. It is really that simple. You should go out and buy some Hi Temp RTV and use some on the mating surfaces where each pipe connects to eliminate leaks.

I would think with how popular Yoshimura is that they would include detailed instructions with their products.
They did, have to see what they say on the gasket though. I just have never done an exhaust system on a bike before and I don't want to mess it up. Also I don't want to have to redo it also. Just trying to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: josho66

They did, have to see what they say on the gasket though. I just have never done an exhaust system on a bike before and I don't want to mess it up. Also I don't want to have to redo it also. Just trying to make sure I have all my bases covered.
I know what you mean wanting to do it right the fist time, trust me I've been there.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: josho66

I know what you mean wanting to do it right the fist time, trust me I've been there.
Yes since this is my first bike I feel like and idiot. I put a fender eliminator on last weekend and learned some about taking off stuff. Luckily a lot of the things I need to remove to put on the exhaust I had to remove for the fender eliminator.

I checked with Yoshi and they said to USE the stock gasket and if it is messed up to get a new one. Guess I will go with that.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:19 PM

Told Ya Haha... just kidding...

Quick Reply: Exhaust Gasket