engine vibration, just started doing it

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine vibration, just started doing it

2009 cbr 600rr. 9000 miles. this bike has been kept mint. oil changed before and after storage, garage kept during riding season, parked indoors during off season. washed and waxed regularly. not abused. has an aftermarket yoshi slip on and a k and n air filter. all of a sudden this bike developed a vibration. it is from the engine, not the tires or anything, it will do it in neutral on the kickstand. the vibration occurs throughout the rev range, from idle to high rpms. I used to rave about how smooth this bike was, and would promote honda whenever I could, now Im not so sure what to think. I have had several people look at it, including a honda dealer, the salesman asked me how I even rode it, then the service manager said it was normal sport bike vibration. I explained to the service manager it just started doing it a few weeks ago, he said it could be an injector sync issue and sold me some injector cleaner for 6 bucks, but I really doubt thats what it is. I have had ethanol issues here with my other small engine machines, 4wheelers, sleds, it has been suggested that that could be causing the problem, I really doubt it, but Ive ordered some new plugs and ethanol treatment to start. I am an auto tech and used to dealing with vibration, a fellow tech and I agreed that its definitely an engine vibration, and we agreed that it could very well be a balance shaft issue. I love this bike, it looks great, and I used to love riding it until now. If it is an internal engine issue Im hoping honda will help with the repairs, if they dont I wont know what to think about honda anymore. This is one of the new models, Im wondering if anyone else has heard or seen this issue yet, and if this issue is going to affect all of us. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!! thanks guys

Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just had my friend ride it who rode it a few weeks ago and agreed with me, its a totally different bike