Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007 | 12:55 AM
Default Dual exhaust

I'm thinking about dual exhausts on my 600rr. I just wasn't sure what size baffles to get. I want to get great performance out of it. I am just not sure if i could put too largeof an exhauston that it may not perform as good. Ijustdont want to have totune anything.

Old 04-20-2007 | 12:58 AM
Default RE: Dual exhaust

ORIGINAL: custumize_RR
I want to get great performance out of it...I just dont want to have to tune anything.
good luck with that...

Old 04-20-2007 | 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

I want to get great performance out of it...Ijustdont want to have totune anything.
good luck with that...
+1 (it's a shame you can't show sarcasm over the internet)

Old 04-20-2007 | 01:12 AM

Hey, it must be possible, look at all them cars with dual fart cans and they're super hotrods with no other work done.

Old 04-20-2007 | 01:54 AM

Why not get an exhaust from Arrow? They make a set with duel cans. One exits the way a normal muffler would and another will exit under the tail. Good luck with the "no tuning part".

Old 04-20-2007 | 01:54 AM

I'm thinking about dual exhausts on my 600rr. I just wasn't sure what size baffles to get. I want to get great performance out of it.
So what makes you think that dual exhausts is going to give you more performance?????

Ijustdont want to have totune anything.
So you are just magically expecting horsepower to just appear??????

Old 04-23-2007 | 06:23 PM

So what makes you think that dual exhausts is going to give you more performance?????
So you are just magically expecting horsepower to just appear??????
Increased HP happenes when you allow an engine to breath better. i.e. K&N air filter, and Performance exhaust system. What happenes is that when you increase airflow threw the engine.The E.F.I system wants to keep the stock fule to air ratio determined by the computer. Once more airflow is introduced the injectors will deliver more fule into the mix to fix the ratio and in which case, increasing HP. It's not magic... It's mechanics. : )

Also when pistons moves, it sucks air obviously,stock air filtershave lots of resistance, adding a K&N would lower the resistance.if there is less air resistance from your airfilter, results?? you Guessed it. Same thing happenes when you change your stock velocity stacks.

The same concept also applies to the exhaust. Larger, smoother, aftermarket exhausts have smoother bends and larger bore tubing creating lamnar air flow as opposed to stock which is more turbulent. This terbulance adds backpressure adding to the risistnace of the piston coming down robbing the engine of performance.

So as you can see... It's not magic... It's mechanics. : )

Old 04-23-2007 | 06:40 PM

You totally missed my point(s).

Dual exhausts will give you no more performance than a single exhaust.

On the tuning issue, you can add whatever exhaust you want. Yes, the exhaust may allow the engine to breath better, blah, blah, blah....but you aren't going to get any bit of increased performance unless you tune the bike for that exhaust. You don't just add an exhaust and your air/fuel ratios magically are what they should be for that exhaust. You MUST tune. Your original statement stated that you didn't want to tune anything. Bolting on an exhaust without any kind of tuning will not give you any added performance (at least, not all around) and will likely run like crap in various parts of the rpm curves. It's Mechanics!

Old 04-23-2007 | 07:31 PM

Increased HP happenes when you allow an engine to breath better. i.e. K&N air filter, and Performance exhaust system. What happenes is that when you increase airflow threw the engine.The E.F.I system wants to keep the stock fule to air ratio determined by the computer. Once more airflow is introduced the injectors will deliver more fule into the mix to fix the ratio and in which case, increasing HP. It's not magic... It's mechanics. : )

Also when pistons moves, it sucks air obviously,stock air filtershave lots of resistance, adding a K&N would lower the resistance.if there is less air resistance from your airfilter, results?? you Guessed it. Same thing happenes when you change your stock velocity stacks.

The same concept also applies to the exhaust. Larger, smoother, aftermarket exhausts have smoother bends and larger bore tubing creating lamnar air flow as opposed to stock which is more turbulent. This terbulance adds backpressure adding to the risistnace of the piston coming down robbing the engine of performance.

So as you can see... It's not magic... It's mechanics. : )

Apparently you think you know everything about it, so why did you ask? Come back and ask how to tune it when you realized you power band sucks because you didn't tune it to begin with.

Old 04-24-2007 | 12:46 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH...fart can on a bike...AHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA...

ok you import tuner people...stop getting bikes because your little fart car is too slow...and stop trying to apply what you THINK you know about cars on bikes...DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just keep your bike the way it is and learn to ride it first.

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust