Does anyone have a late model 600 RR that is lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone have a late model 600 RR that is lowered?

ORIGINAL: cksean

if you want a low ridin'...bling blingin' bike...go getta BUSA and do whatever you want with it and we won't care!!!...
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better. LOL!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I just want to say a little something.....

Honda spent years developing the 600RR before the 2003 was even released. They have gone over all of the scenerios, pros, cons, obstacles, riders, rider height, rider weight, stance, handling, cornering, acceleration, deceleration, hard braking, emergency braking.......thousands more including a little one called BALANCE! They have MANY, maybe even hundreds of engineers that developed this bike to be what it is.....a Honda. One of the strongest, quickest, best handling 600cc bikes you can buy. Honda is known for their engineering genious. Do you think they would actually half-*** something on this bike (with the exception of the worst plastic screw rivet thingys known to man.) - but there's probably a reason for that too.

BIKES ARE NOT CARS! You can't throw on coil-overs, drop it an inch or two and increase the handling. These bikes are PERFECTLY balanced, and they need to stay that way or you loose one of the greatest things this bike has going for it.....the handling. Screwing with the ride height just doesn't alter the ride height. There is a whole book written about the effects on thing has on the entire bike. (one written by Keith Code).....and ride height is one of them.

Okay, I'm done. Not really venting, but there IS a reason why you can NOT find a genuine Honda lowering link.

I feel your pain, I really do. Honda spent many years developing the bike, true that. But that doesn't stop you or anyone else to change the exhaust out, and add say a slip on for good sound or what not. That changes the A:F ratio off as well. And if Honda had it right the first time, then why does the bike run a lot smoother with my powercommander?(It is a rhetorical question, don't answer that chucklehead, just think about it for a second) You would think they would have perfected that as well. Not trying to rip on Honda, I love my bike. But thats why you have aftermarket parts for your bike or whatever you drive or ride. Your trying to improve the look or performance of the bike by any means possible. If your the type that is against any aftermarket or any mods such as lowering or what have you, than don't be a hypocrite. Take off your slip on or full exhaust and put back the quiet stocker muffler. Take off those sticky tires and put on the stock tires. Go by the book, God forbid you mess something up because you changed something that is better than the original. Just my opinion, no need to be stuck up on it.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

I feel your pain, I really do. Honda spent many years developing the bike, true that. But that doesn't stop you or anyone else to change the exhaust out, and add say a slip on for good sound or what not. That changes the A:F ratio off as well. And if Honda had it right the first time, then why does the bike run a lot smoother with my powercommander?(It is a rhetorical question, don't answer that chucklehead, just think about it for a second) You would think they would have perfected that as well. Not trying to rip on Honda, I love my bike. But thats why you have aftermarket parts for your bike or whatever you drive or ride. Your trying to improve the look or performance of the bike by any means possible. If your the type that is against any aftermarket or any mods such as lowering or what have you, than don't be a hypocrite. Take off your slip on or full exhaust and put back the quiet stocker muffler. Take off those sticky tires and put on the stock tires. Go by the book, God forbid you mess something up because you changed something that is better than the original. Just my opinion, no need to be stuck up on it.
Lowering is a lot different than adding a slip on or most other easy mods. The stock can has a catalytic converter (on the new ones) and the system weighs a ton due to the fact that all manufacturers have to meet noise requirements. So they sound better and are lighter and don't always require a power commander.
Also the tires that come on the bike off the show room floor are as good as any others you can put on for street use, other than sticky compound track tires.
It's not hypocritical to add on parts that actually have a gain. Lowering has no gain and can cause instability and unsafe handling.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 AM
Retired Moderator

I don't have a slip on.....or sticky aftermarket tires.......or a lowered bike. In fact, I still have on the quiet little stock muffler, the "non-sticky" stock tires, and really, they're actually pretty sticky once you get to know them. They work great, why f*** with them? And I wouldn't really call myself a "chucklehead", more like "head-on-straight.....head" I guess. There's a huge difference between making your bike "sound" different and lowering it making it "handle" different. You of all people should realize that.

Now, I'm not out to make any enemies on this site (though, I really don't care), I'm here on a Forum for CBR enthusiasts to share information. Information from a question that was asked. When I'm asked a question, I answer with the knowledge I accumulated from asking questions myself. THUS meaning that I have a small idea of what I'm talking about, and I shared that information.

But now, I get called a "chucklehead" and accused of being "anti-aftermarket" when I share information about a mod that can potentially harm or kill someone if proper precautions aren't taken into consideration. Sorry for giving you information you didn't want to hear.

......P.S. I really do want an Akrapovic slip on, a fender eliminator, kick-*** paint job, etc. But I did spend $8500 on a bike, so I intend to use those parts from the bike I'm still paying for at least a couple months before I go off changing it all up.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:49 PM

......P.S. I really do want an Akrapovic slip on, a fender eliminator, kick-*** paint job, etc. But I did spend $8500 on a bike, so I intend to use those parts from the bike I'm still paying for at least a couple months before I go off changing it all up.

And the truth comes out, finally.... That explains it, but if you could afford it, you'd be all over it. Just as I thought. You actually are a heads up guy afterall.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Retired Moderator

And the truth comes out, finally.... That explains it, but if you could afford it, you'd be all over it. Just as I thought. You actually are a heads up guy afterall.
"Head-on-straight" type of guy!!! LOL. Yeah, if I could afford it, I would have an Akrapovic Slipon, integrated taillight, fender eliminator, flushmount signals (ones you can actually see), etc. But I still wouldn't touch a lowering kit.

But again, it's my suggestion. I hear people's horror stories ALL THE TIME about lowered bikes (not just CBR's......GSX-R's, BUSA's, ZX-6R's, R1, R6, etc.). A couple out of many would say that their mod didn't do anything with handling.......then you have the ones that tell you all of the gritty details. So again, I myself would say no to this mod. There is no proof it improves anything, but there IS proof that there is a "significant chance" it'll change the handling for the worse.

Everyone on this forum has been a newbie at one point or another. I was one a few years back. I wanted a lowered bike. That's right, I wanted a lowered bike when I first started riding! I thought they looked sick, BUT!!!!!!!! I started researching it, reading books on it, asking racers about it, asking others while out group riding about it. All I heard was negative things. All I read from research was negative things. All my questions were answered with negative things..........so I MYSELF learned that lowering a bike is a bad idea.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Everyone on this forum has been a newbie at one point or another. I was one a few years back. I wanted a lowered bike. That's right, I wanted a lowered bike when I first started riding! I thought they looked sick, BUT!!!!!!!! I started researching it, reading books on it, asking racers about it, asking others while out group riding about it. All I heard was negative things. All I read from research was negative things. All my questions were answered with negative things..........so I MYSELF learned that lowering a bike is a bad idea.

Your actually starting to make a lot of sense now. Now I see where your coming from. Your a victim of circumstance. Your a product of your environment. And here I thought you were negative because you had an apple stuck up your corn hole. Now that we know thats not the case, hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. It all depends on the bike, how much you lower it, for what purpose you are using your bike for, possibly the weight of the rider has something to do with. I way only 150 pounds, and some of my buds way 240 pounds, so he doens't have to lower his ride. Its naturally lowered, haha. Sorry Rob hehe. But I can get away with 1" lowering and the bike doesn't even look low to me, and it rides great for ME, and my setup and my needs. Thats all that I'm saying. I hear negative horror stories about riding a motorcycle in general, how dangerous it could be, and how we can be killed from it any day now. I just choose not to live in fear, and I do whats good for me. You do the same, I'm not knocking your ****, so stop knocking mine or the members of this forum who choose to lower their bikes.
The other thread "lowering of 1 inch" if you read it, you will see opinions for and against. I am waiting for a reply from my expert on this subject. I even received expert advice from Fret's henchmen. I took his response and sent it to my expert friend, who I trust will give you a heads up, honest answer. Just waiting to receive it, so that I can see if there is some agreement with Fret's buddy's statement you see. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, I just want people to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that your not the only game in town. You, Fret, and the henchmen were talking like your **** doens't stink. All this starbucks coffee talk, and your "why don't you buy a Busa and ****". Busa's are ugly as sin, don't even say that word in this forum, its a no no. Get off your high horse, or motorcycle in this case, and come down an inch from your tippy toes. <=====Yeah it took me all night to think of that one folks, give it up to the one, the only, hunkmeister, yours truly Honda hunk, thats my shout out for the day, ride it good, you know I do ladies, love ya.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: stephygee

My friend Sunny has a lowered (1") 600RR and it rides just fine. Sunny is 5'3 so she's already vertically challenged, even for a female, but she handles the bike like a toy. I've taken a couple spins on it and I'm 5'6", and it rides fine. My bike (F4i) is lowered 1" and I'd say the only difference in handling between our bikes is that she has a more comfortable seat and it's a bit heavier because she has more chrome parts than I do

You should have no problem lowering your bike, as long as you don't go over 1", otherwise you'll probably have a lot of serious suspension problems.

Here's a pic of Sunny's ride....

this looks like a 954RR to me...[&:]

Old 10-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: cksean

this looks like a 954RR to me...[&:]

No...this is a 954RR...also lowered 1"

Old 10-20-2006, 10:50 PM

I don't think Sunny knows what she rides. Those are both 954's, at least at some point they were [&:]

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a late model 600 RR that is lowered?