Does anyone have a late model 600 RR that is lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have a late model 600 RR that is lowered?

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

$2000 for the bike to be lowered right?? What are you smoking? Seriously.
$2k is not outrageous if you're totally revamping your suspension. IMHO, that's the best way to go. Lowering links leave your rear shock in a position it was not designed to be in.

I haven't had any issues and many others on here who have lowered their bike haven't had issues. YOU TELL ME TO READ AND LEARN. I tell you to EXPERIENCE IT FIRST HAND, AND LEARN BETTER.
[color=#660099]Okay, I'll give you my FIRSTHAND experience. I lowered my F3 1". It was fine...until I took it to the track. I was scraping fairings in the turns. I ended up going back to stock height and even raising the rear higher than stock. So in my firsthand experience, anybody who tells you they haven't had any issues isn't pushing their bike very hard.

matthew, you can read more about my experience here (I just don't feel like re-typing it):
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/248611.aspx

Can you lower it? Yes. The real question is whether or not you should. Only you can answer that. To do such, I think you first need to determine what your ultimate goal is in relation to riding. Are you just going to tool around town with occasional jaunts into the twisties?? Or are you going to be kneedragging on the rumble strips??? I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. I'm just sharing the experience from someone whose been there and has taken it to a level that most riders with lowered bikes don't go.

In the link above, I discuss my views on various lowering methods. Hopefully, they can help you make an informed decision. You can decide what works for you (and your budget) if you still decide to lower it. Just realize that you don't get something for nothing (as with any mod on these bikes) and you will be sacrificing something.

Good luck!

Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 PM

I don't know which thread to reply in so I pick this one...

hunk all you succeeded in doing is make yourself look stubborn and thick headed...I'm glad you enjoy your lowered bike, but you haven't offered anything but your opinion (as is mine but more factual).

The suspension modifications are suggested as the "right way to do it," obviously not the only way...I'm amazed that you ignored my example of the girl that crashed from her lowered bike and the very technical example from a professional racer and you discredit as "propaganda?" That amazes me!!! You make it seem like lowering your bike is one of the best kept secrets in the motorcycling community and I'm a protester spreading negative propaganda about it...what a hoot!!!

As far as needing to experience it...sorry...I don't need to lower my bike (I'm only an inch taller than you)...it handles just fine without it...you could tell me that jumping out of an airplane without a parachute is exciting and will improve my sky diving skills and I have enough common sense to be able to figure out that I don't need to experience that...get the picture.

Are you recommending that this "throwing on a dog bone secret" is something that's been missed in the racing circuit and every one should do it to improve their lap times? Maybe you misunderstood that Cycle Mag propaganda...

Like was mentioned in another thread...sure it CAN be lowered, but is it a good performance enhancing idea...no!

Oh and thanks for the laugh...

Old 10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered Users

My friend Sunny has a lowered (1") 600RR and it rides just fine. Sunny is 5'3 so she's already vertically challenged, even for a female, but she handles the bike like a toy. I've taken a couple spins on it and I'm 5'6", and it rides fine. My bike (F4i) is lowered 1" and I'd say the only difference in handling between our bikes is that she has a more comfortable seat and it's a bit heavier because she has more chrome parts than I do

You should have no problem lowering your bike, as long as you don't go over 1", otherwise you'll probably have a lot of serious suspension problems.

Here's a pic of Sunny's ride....

Old 10-17-2006, 08:13 PM

It's been written in many threads now stephy...you can lower it, but it's not a performance mod...it's perfectly fine if all you want to do is show off your "bitchin" bike at Starbucks...If you're a track junky then 1" is too much, especially if it involves a lowering link...

Old 10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

It's been written in many threads now stephy...you can lower it, but it's not a performance mod...it's perfectly fine if all you want to do is show off your "bitchin" bike at Starbucks...If you're a track junky then 1" is too much, especially if it involves a lowering link...

Huh? The original poster asked who has a late model 600RR that's lowered. I posted one. Where the hell does it ask about a performance mod or having a "bitchin" bike at Starbucks? Same with the other thread....person asks how it would affect his suspension and I gave my OPINION based on my EXPERIENCE. Geezus...

Old 10-18-2006, 02:38 AM

ORIGINAL: stephygee

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Huh? The original poster asked who has a late model 600RR that's lowered. I posted one. Where the hell does it ask about a performance mod or having a "bitchin" bike at Starbucks? Same with the other thread....person asks how it would affect his suspension and I gave my OPINION based on my EXPERIENCE. Geezus...

Damn Stephy, you told him for the second time, wow. Yeah its fun telling Fret off. Glad to see a fellow member stand up to someone that likes to talk out of his ***. I think he has a love affair with starbucks coffee and bitchin bikes. Honestly I don't think he owns a motorcycle, something fishy about that guy. I don't know...

Old 10-18-2006, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

Actually, on average, you post more often than fretless, since he has been a member for over a year, from days hes been an member to posts, its about 1.9 a day, while on you its 2.8 a day. So that argument really didnt work for you. Good luck doing whatever you decide to do Matthew, but understand that its going to be a lot less stable in corners and you will have the feeling at first like the bike is going to fall over in turns (when you first ride it). I have ridden a few lowered and thats what it feels like to me anyways. Good luck
So tell me Mitsubishi Eclipse, how did you know that Fret types 1.9 a day and that I type 2.8 a day? Are you the stalker of the forum? Yeah Stalker Eclipse, yeah that suits you just fine. And who the hell is Mathew?? Next thing you know, you'll be logging how many times I'm on here. Thats ok, but if you manage to produce my phone bill, and a photo of my dirty underwear, then I'll have to report you to the proper authorities. Haha, you guys are chuckleheads, what a wiseguy you are. Funny **** if you ask me, its hard to take you seriously though, but I'm trying.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:08 AM

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

Damn Stephy, you told him for the second time, wow. Yeah its fun telling Fret off. Glad to see a fellow member stand up to someone that likes to talk out of his ***. I think he has a love affair with starbucks coffee and bitchin bikes. Honestly I don't think he owns a motorcycle, something fishy about that guy. I don't know...
Actually Fretless is pretty much right on the money. Once you lower your bike, everything changes. It may very well feel more stable because it has a lower center of gravity, but all the geometry of the bike has changed. You'll end up dragging the pegs and your feet easier causing instability, possibly bottom out on the pan or fairing plastics too. Your turn in ability has also changed. The swingarm in relation to the frame has also changed decreasing the angle. Do what you want really, but it's not a change for the better.
I'll probably post this in all the sections since there are like 5 different topics on the same subject going.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to say a little something.....

Honda spent years developing the 600RR before the 2003 was even released. They have gone over all of the scenerios, pros, cons, obstacles, riders, rider height, rider weight, stance, handling, cornering, acceleration, deceleration, hard braking, emergency braking.......thousands more including a little one called BALANCE! They have MANY, maybe even hundreds of engineers that developed this bike to be what it is.....a Honda. One of the strongest, quickest, best handling 600cc bikes you can buy. Honda is known for their engineering genious. Do you think they would actually half-*** something on this bike (with the exception of the worst plastic screw rivet thingys known to man.) - but there's probably a reason for that too.

BIKES ARE NOT CARS! You can't throw on coil-overs, drop it an inch or two and increase the handling. These bikes are PERFECTLY balanced, and they need to stay that way or you loose one of the greatest things this bike has going for it.....the handling. Screwing with the ride height just doesn't alter the ride height. There is a whole book written about the effects on thing has on the entire bike. (one written by Keith Code).....and ride height is one of them.

Okay, I'm done. Not really venting, but there IS a reason why you can NOT find a genuine Honda lowering link.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:34 AM

if you want a low ridin'...bling blingin' bike...go getta BUSA and do whatever you want with it and we won't care!!!...

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a late model 600 RR that is lowered?