Delkevic exhaust comparison pix n video

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delkevic exhaust comparison pix n video

Just got my exhaust put on, its a Delkevic Moto GP silencer, i had low expectations since this is a cheap pipe, but i needed to cure my itch until i pay off the bike n get a hyperflo.i was however not disappointed and actually thrilled once i got it on, it is loud, throaty, and just screams look at my loud *** cbr lol. Power seemed to be increased as well as weight reduction, i raced my friend with his 04 zx10r in the same place we always race (the track disclaimer), at the same rpms we always race at, usually he beats me by about 5-6 bike lengths up to 140, we raced three times back to back to back and each time i was right next to him, a half a length back. We race at a roll on where i am at 7000rpms...anything lower than that and he will just walk away from me. Needless to say he was also impressed. I have stock intake and no pc on the bike.

The pipe went on very smooth with no need to tweak anything, sat straight down the middle of the rear tail section perfectly. The welds look good, and finish looks great as well. It came in two pieces, the mid pipe, and the muffler. You will need to use your existing exhaust gasket. My only complaint about the pipe is that its a little small for me, it leaves a lot of room under your tail.

Sorry for the crappy pics my gf has a crappy phone.

Name:  DelkevicPipe2.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  DelkevicPipe-1.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  50.4 KB

I didnt take any pics installing it because thats basic straight forward stuff, but i did take a comparison video, comparing it to stock (punched out inside), then the Delk with the DB killer in it, and then without the DB killer. As always the video doesnt do the sound ANY justice whatsoever but it still gives you an idea.

sorry about the small video this was taken with my Iphone

YouTube - ‪07 CBR 600RR DELKEVIC EXHAUST VS STOCK EXHAUST FLYBYE'S HIGHDEF COMPARISON‬‏

Old 06-21-2011, 04:12 PM

Sounds sweet. Should keep you happy until you can upgrade to what you really want. I think the CBR's are the sweetest sounding 600's out there.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:00 AM

kinda thought more people would be interested in this...... o well lol, i love the way it sounds its so deep n throaty and ppl def hear me now, hopefully that'll keep em from wanting to pull out in front of me all the time!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your exhaust does sound awesome. I like the comparison vid too, very thorough

Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 AM

thanks vegas, i woulda had a friend holding the camera, but he decided to sleep till noon, and well..i couldnt wait that long lol

Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info and vid. You convinced me to purchase this exhaust, unfortunately after buying it and waiting for a couple days, i got an email saying delkevic no longer had them in stock and they didnt know when it would be available . Now im back to looking at a toce. unfortunately, that is 590 vs 160 dollars.

Can you get some quality pictures from the back and sides of the bike when you get a chance, i watched your video prolly ten times, but the video is hard to see exactly how it looks.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by lowmans1966
Can you get some quality pictures from the back and sides of the bike when you get a chance, i watched your video prolly ten times, but the video is hard to see exactly how it looks.
ask n u shall recieve...

Name:  IMG_2356.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  222.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2355.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  256.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2354.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  204.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2353.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  214.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2352.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  204.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  182.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2314.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  171.9 KB

then there's this...some panoramic app i had never used...something tells me i did it wrong tho....

Name:  IMG_2350.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  72.7 KB

ALSO try ebay, that is where i got mine from, there are dealers in the U.S. that have them in stock

07-08 Honda CBR600-RR CBR600RR Moto GP Silencer Exhaust | eBay

exact person i bought mine from, got it in 3 days i live in michigan. I LOVE THIS PIPE, it sounds soooooo effin filthy its redic...i went from being the quietest to the loudest in a 1/2 hr, fit in finish r great as well..really id pay 270 for it, plus its considerably lighter, less weight is like free horse power. hope this helped

Old 07-03-2011, 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the pictures! I actually think that looks pretty good, and will look even better coated black on my graffiti. The site i ordered from was delkevic.us. I think they are the same people on ebay. (both located in Englewood Colorado, but only 155.96 from their website). Maybe you got their last pipe lol. Ill give them a call after the weekend and see if they have a better estimate on when they will get some new pipes in. Cant go wrong for that price!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it sounds pretty good, but Im not loving the look at all... I almost feel like RRs should have oval canisters to match the undertail look.. but thats JMO...

if you like it.. who cares... lol

Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
I think it sounds pretty good, but Im not loving the look at all... I almost feel like RRs should have oval canisters to match the undertail look.. but thats JMO...

if you like it.. who cares... lol

no I agree with u on that, I like the look of dual cans too, like the Hyper-Flo's to me it leaves too much space under it, this was just a temp cheap fix

Quick Reply: Delkevic exhaust comparison pix n video