daily driver???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daily driver???

I'm looking for a new bike and am a little biased toward Honda. I know that an F4I is considered the most comfortable sportbike, but I really like the looks and amount of aftermarket parts available for the RR.

So I was wondering, how many of you use your bike as daily drivers? How about a couple hour ride? Are these bikes okay for that? Do a lot of mods have to be done to make it street friendly?

Thanks for any help.
________
Handjob Asian

Last edited by Rick619; 03-21-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Default RE: daily driver???

The only mod you will need for the RR is some *** implants. The seat is very hard and your *** will get sore after a while. Other than that the RR is perfect as a daily rider. I've put 18k miles on mine in about 6 months riding to and from work, 100 mile round trip, in heavy LA traffic.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: patas75

The only mod you will need for the RR is some *** implants. The seat is very hard and your *** will get sore after a while.
I totally agree with that. I ride my bike in to work all the time. I usually ride over 100 miles everytime i go cruising. So yes you can ride them like that.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick619

So I was wondering, how many of you use your bike as daily drivers?
I do.

How about a couple hour ride?
Yes.

Are these bikes okay for that?
It depends on your definition of okay. Keep in mind that the RR is designed for the track. So its not street-friendly nor tour-friendly (at least not compared to street bikes and touring bikes).

Do a lot of mods have to be done to make it street friendly?
I bought this bike to ride on the track. So doing "street friendly" mods defeats the purpose.

IMHO, if you're looking for a street friendly bike, then reconsider your choices. If you really want a sportbike, you'll have to make compromises to make it work for street.

Yes, the seat is rock hard. But that is by design. Track riders and racers want a hard seat to feel feedback from the bike.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 AM

Abadfish has it sorted out for ya. I agree 100% with what he said.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 AM

Ahh don't be man-ginas.I've got close to 15K milesin about 10months and I still have the stock seat. I'll ride it every day in the summer and take it to work (used to be 90 miles round trip)to save a little money on gas. It's fine for riding on the street just don't expect it to be comfortable. It's not a Wing or ST so visions of cozy seats and navigation shouldn't even be a thought.If you got asensitive *** then you might need to change the seat. If you're a tall lenky muthaf**ka your legs might bother you. If you got short arms then your wrist mightbother you.I'll ride my bike all day sometimes but I'll take breaks of course.
What you really need to do is sit on it and see kinda what's goin on. But for commuting and pure comfortI will deffinitly say the F4I is the way to go.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.........i'm not a man-gina. lol.

Yep. The seat is rock hard, but you get used to it after a month or so. (still sucks over long distances though). Corbin will fix that.

I use mine everyday as a daily commuter and weekend track-bike. My car gets very little use (only to get something to eat or haul something somewhere). My car doesn't like my bike.......it get's all the attention.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Call me a masochist but I actually ENJOY the aches and pains that come with a 300mile day on my 600rr. Anyone can hop on a Goldwing or Blackbird and do distance but to do it while sustaining *** calluses, buzzing hand and finger nerves, and a sore lower back makes me feel as though I earned the ibuprofenI desperatelygobble afterwards.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Corbin will fix that.
Fox do you have a Corbin? I was thinking about getting one but didn't really want to spend the $300 + on it.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the F4Iwould be better for me since all my riding will be on the street.
________
Vaporizer Volcano

Last edited by Rick619; 03-21-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Quick Reply: daily driver???